CHAPTER 8: Good News

~ Previously ~

"Please, please don't! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! No! Pleaseee!"

He ignored you and stretched his head over to match his surprisingly soft lips with your right ear, "I warned you, bitch."

And with that, he tightened his grip before forcefully throwing your head down onto the wooden floor with a loud, bloodcurdling thud.

~

Instantaneously, you were awoken to the sound of your strained, whistled breaths pushing in and out of your bloody nostrils.

You kept your eyes closed as you listened to it a little longer.

It was...peaceful.

Like a temporary pause in time.

You let out a long sigh before allowing your mind to recollect itself.

This time, your sudden consciousness was immediately accompanied by memories of your last moments.

You flinched as you recalled them.

He threw your head against the floor so hard that you should be dead.

But you were breathing...so you were alive.

How was that possible?

Perhaps it wasn't as hard as you were thinking it to have been.

Wait—but what about your knife wound?

Surely, you would have bled to death at this point.

You slowly opened your crusted eyes and blinked a few times to unblur them.

As soon as they cleared, your irises focused on the mirror mounted on the wall in front of you.

You couldn't tell much from the distance, but you were able to spot red streaks along your face, along with a white patch stuck to your forehead.

White patch?

...maybe a bandage?

An immediate head pang interrupted your thoughts.

You pressed your lips together forcefully and squeezed your eyes shut as you waited for the pain to pass.

He has to stop striking your head with things.

You wouldn't be surprised if you had a concussion by now.

Finally passing, your eyes opened and shifted down a little, quickly taking notice of your roped ankles.

You sighed.

Back where you started.

Remembering your wound once more, you looked down at your thigh and saw a piece of navy blue cloth tied tightly around the limb.

Your eyes widened.

Why had he bothered to do this?