CHAPTER 10: Breakfast

~ Previously ~

You frowned and looked down into your lap, hopeless.

He eyed you for a moment before reaching over and gripping your chin, pulling it up so that your eyes were leveled with his.

"You must think I'm stupid if you believe I'm just gonna let you go like that. If you want my trust, you're gonna have to earn it first."

~

Your chest softly rose and fell; a small, pained squeak squeezed through your crimson-crusted nostrils at the end of every exhalation.

Chucky watched on silently as he stood on top of a nearby chair.

He wasn't expecting you to fall asleep last night.

Considering you hadn't allowed yourself even so much as a wink of rest ever since he revealed himself.

You had been so adamant on keeping your guard up---but maybe you were just that shaken up.

A small smile played at the end of his lips at the thought of breaking you down.

His eyes wandered down to the rest of your body curiously.

His brows rose and he pushed his bottom lip out thoughtfully, then proceeded to nod with approval.

His eyes lingered a little longer before shifting over to your face.

It was also rather pleasing to look at---minus the bandages and sickly color.

He tilted his head and leaned in, wanting a closer look.

*Sniff*

Chucky abruptly froze in his movements.

*Sniff* *Sniff*

His face practically recoiled back into itself at the scent of the stench coming off of your body.

He jumped back, almost falling off of the chair.

How was it possible for someone to stink this much?

He began to shake his head with disgust but then promptly stopped to think.

Honestly, it wasn't like he was much better.

Were showers even really that necessary?

He snickered at the fact as if it were funny and then jumped down onto the carpet.

He gave you one last look before running off.

***

*CRASH*

You awoke with a start: your body jerked upwards, straining your weak muscles.

You clenched your eyes shut and groaned.

Your body slipped back into the mattress.