Chapter 59 - Afterglow

- Emmett -

I opened my eyes to see beige walls instead of the vivid blue that surrounded my bed. My window was missing, replaced by a framed basketball jersey. I forgot for a moment that I slept at Clay's. In his bed. With his body pressed against my back.

Clay's hand rubbed up and down my side, moving around to my belly and up to my chest as he pressed against me, grinding his morning wood against my back. I didn't mind it, though. Especially when he started lazily kissing my shoulder.

"Good morning, baby," Clay said with a thick, just-awakened voice, deeper than usual.

I didn't want him to stop, so I leaned back into it, my hand grasping his hip, to pull him closer. "Morning."

Clay made a little moaning sound in the back of his throat, pressing harder against me. This continued for a few minutes with Clay kissing my shoulders and neck, nibbling on my earlobe. I loved that so much.

"Last night was so amazing," I said.

"Mm-hmm." Clay nodded against the side of my head. When he breathed out, I smelled mint. This bastard got up before me and brushed his fucking teeth.

"I'd kiss you, but my breath probably reeks," I complained passive aggressively.

Clay rolled away for a moment and returned, holding something against my lips. I opened my mouth and tasted a minty sweetness on my tongue.

"Okay, Boy Scout. You really thought of everything, huh?" I wondered how long he'd been awake to come up with that move.

"We can keep going if you want," I said.

Clay mumbled something incoherent against my ear, still rubbing against me.

"What?"

"My family will be waking up soon."

"I'm sure you could be quick."

"Do you really want to?"

I craned my neck around to look into his eyes. I nodded. "I kinda really do."

I reached between us to push my hand into his boxers.

Clay turned away again and returned with a condom, which he quickly rolled on. He grabbed the bottle of lube we left sitting out on the nightstand and prepared me the way I had for him.

As I predicted, it didn't take long for Clay to get into it. A few minutes later, it was over and Clay was panting in my ear. Clay was very clearly not a virgin, because he handled this part very well, finding the spot that made me turn to jelly in his arms with ease.

"You're very good at that," I said.

"Am I?"

I rolled over and propped my head up to look at Clay, who was grinning brightly. He seemed much too pleased with himself. But I didn't want to take this joy away from him by making a joke about him being the conceited one for once. This was only the second time Clay had ever had sex with a guy, and I wanted him to remember the experience fondly. I leaned forward to kiss him, thankful for the mint he gave me. "You are, actually."

Clay rubbed his fingers across my chest. "Can I ask you a question?"

"I don't know if you can, but you may."

Clay groaned, rolling his eyes as he turned his face into his pillow. "Okay, nerd. Whatever."

I laughed and kissed his cheek. "Ask your question."

He peeked through his lashes with the one eye that wasn't pressed to the pillow. "Do you have a preference?"

"Men."