Chapter 60 - Look What You Made Me Do

- Emmett -

As soon as Clay drove away, I rushed over to Carrie's house to fill her in on the date. When I first told her I was spending my first night of freedom with Clay, she was disappointed. To appease her, I promised to tell her everything. Of course, I never got home to call her. She was probably livid.

"It's just me, Mom." I called out to let Dr. Herrera know who'd just entered. It had been three weeks since I was allowed to cross the street.

"Don't slam the door," Dr. Herrera yelled from the kitchen.

"Sorry." I was a little too overzealous.

Carrie was still asleep when I entered her room. I flipped on the light and took a running leap onto the bed beside her. She whined loudly and pulled a pillow over her head.

"Wake up!"

"Fuck off," Carrie said, half asleep.

"Fine." I lifted the pillow over her head and leaned in close to speak directly into her ear. "Then you won't get to hear about the amazing sex I had last night. And this morning."

Carrie gasped, her eyes flying open. She threw the pillow off and sat up to look at me. Her curls were a mess, half of them flattened against the side of her head. "With Clay?"

"Of course with Clay! Who else?"

"So he's good?"

I smiled wide. "Let's just say, I will never ever... ever, ever, ever be sad about losing Alfie again."

"Mmm. That good?"

"Alfie doesn't even hold a candle to Clay. He was very enthusiastic and eager to please. I didn't think it was possible to be more in love with this boy. But I so am."

"Tell me everything."

"First of all, there's this." I pulled my phone out and showed her the picture my mother took. "Is he not gorgeous?"

Carrie pinched her fingers on the screen and spread them wide to zoom in on Clay. "I love his new hair."

"Right?"

I started with dinner at the overpriced restaurant. "He bought me a forty-dollar steak. He wouldn't let me see the bill, but it had to be over a hundred dollars because he got the same thing as me, plus an appetizer and dessert."

"No wonder you put out."

I grabbed her discarded pillow and whacked her shoulder with it. "I'm not that kind of girl. I put out because my boyfriend is hot and I wanted to."

Carrie got up and went to her vanity to brush her hair out. "I can't believe you had sex right after eating, though. Such a bad call. I'd probably barf on the guy. Or God forbid you get gassy."

"It wasn't right after." I scooted to the edge of the bed to hang my legs over. "I took him to Vibrant first for a couple hours."

Carrie cackled with glee. She turned in her chair to look at him. "You took that shy little pop tart to a gay club. He must've lost his fucking mind."

"He loved it. He even got a phone number." My lips twisted up at the corner.

"And that makes you smile because..." She dragged out the last word, trailing off.

"Because he just wiped it off like it was nothing. And then he danced with me. Honestly, I should've known by the way he dances that he's good in bed."

Carrie went to her dresser to pull out some clothes. "I love a man who can dance."