Chapter 17

A Week Later - Tsubaki's POV

I palm Neji in the chin before he could kick me. I spar with Neji for hours on end before we finally take a break.

"Your taking on the position of Heiress?" Neji finally asks as we sit down, I'm healing small scrapes on us.

"I don't have a choice." I say to Neji. "I don't want that responsibility, but unfortunately I don't have a choice." I say to Neji.

Neji tchs. "Of course you have a choice." Neji says to me.

"Hanabi wants freedom Neji, you know of all people that I'd do anything for my family." I say to Neji who freezes at that. "I don't have a choice." I say to Neji.

Neji sighs at that. "For being part of the main branch, you sure are self sacrificing." Neji says to me with annoyance lacing his tone.

"According to birth rights, the first twin born is main branch, the second twin born is cast to the side branch, I was supposed to be part of the side branch. Mother didn't want me and Hina to be separated like that and fought with our grandfather till he relented." I say to Neji who glances at me, surprised.

"Tsubaki!" Hanabi cheers as she runs to the back yard.

I sit back and she shows me her test scores. "Hey good job Hanabi, a lot better than last time. See what a little bit of studying can do?" I ask her and she grins.

"It's thanks to you big sis that I did it! You taught me perfectly." Hanabi cheers and runs inside, and then I hear a crash. "I'M OK!" She yells before I got up to check.

I softly smile amused. "She's a klutz." I say and I go back to healing Neji's scrapes and bruises.

"She's been a lot happier since you took over." Neji says to me.

I nod. "And that's all that matters." I say and Neji looks up at me surprised.

I heal my scrapes when I'm done with Neji's.

I relax quietly and I can feel my exhaustion growing.

Me and Neji work on a few techniques for a while before Hina comes out.

I hug Hina tightly and she giggles at that. "Ha-Have you two be-been out here all mor-morning?" Hina asks us surprised.

"Just about." Neji says to her.

Hina leaves and it makes me pout. "I envy the twins on my team sometimes." I say as me and Neji take a small break.

"Why's that?" Neji asks me.

"They're with each other all the time, I rarely see my sister anymore. We're both busy with completely different things." I say to Neji who looks surprised by that. "She gets home early and leaves early most of the time and I'm busy from 5am to midnight most of the time." I say as I stare at the sky.

"Wasn't today your off day from training with Lady Tsunade and your team and everything else?" Neji asks me.

"Yeah. But it's fine. The more I practice with the jutsu of the clan, the faster I master it." I say to Neji who stares at me. "And besides, with Guy not around right now, and Tenten helping Lee, you haven't had much training as of recent anyways." I say to Neji.

Father comes out of the house and sees me and Neji talking. "I thought for sure you'd be off doing something today Tsubaki, since it's your day off." Father says to me.

I shrug. "Me and Neji have been sparring for a while." I say and Father is surprised by that.

"Well I have to talk with Neji." Father says to me.