Chapter 15

The Next Morning - Tsubaki's POV

I make tea and I take it to the backyard where Father plans to have me and Neji spar.

I set up the porch area, putting down the pillows for Hanabi and Father.

"Go get changed Tsubaki." Father says in the doorway.

I nod and I go to my room.

I change into the standard training clothes for the Hyuga and I put on my sandals.

I head to the backyard and I wait for everyone to get here.

Neji gets here and Father comes out with Hanabi and I set out a pillow for Hinata who wanted to watch.

"G-Good luck Tsu-Tsubaki." Hinata says to me.

I smile at her. "I'll be fine." I say and Hinata nods.

Me and Neji stand across from each other.

"Let's play fair, ok?" I ask Neji who nods.

"Right." Neji says to me.

We get into our stances and activate our Byakugans.

"Keep an eye on Neji, Hanabi, he's had a lot more field experience than Tsubaki and is over all, stronger." Father says to her.

I ignore that comment while Neji looks a bit confused.

We start our spar and we start our with our Gentle techniques, but we end up mixing Tai-Jutsu into it halfway through.

"You've practiced a mix a lot haven't you?" Neji asks surprised as he just barely blocks my fist and I palm him in the chin with my other hand.

"Guilty." I say and Neji smirks. "Sensei thought it would be better this way because I'm studying to become a medical ninja." I say as I block Neji.

I end up jumping back to dodge his foot.

Neji goes for his 64 palms technique and I put a stop to each of his jabs with my fists.

Neji pulls back and we both need a small breather. "You were practicing that too." Neji says to me.

"Yeah, it was prep for if I was gonna fight you in the Chunin Exams." I say and Neji nods.

"Let's end this." Neji says as he gets into stance again.

I nod and I fall into stance again.

We finish this, with me pinning Neji to the tree about 15 minutes later of us both giving each other a brutal beating.

We both breath heavily. "I win." I say and Neji nods.

We deactivate our Byakugans and I back off.

Our watchers are surprised.

I motion for Neji to show me his bruises and scrapes and he hesitantly does, but I heal them.

Neji looks at my hands surprised. "Your just about out of chakra though." Neji says to me.

"I have to practice and this is a good way to do it." I say to Neji who nods.

I heal my own scratches and bruises and we release our chakra points.

"Tsubaki actually won." Father says, still surprised.

Neji sits down on the porch. "We'll have to fight for real sometime Tsubaki." Neji says to me.

"Of course, I'm not satisfied with beating you like this." I say and he laughs quietly. "Besides, I should probably learn more Healing Jutsu for when that comes, that way if one of us is dying, I'll be able to heal us. Unless its me and then I might actually need help." I say and Neji smirks as I sit next to him. "I'll go get us some cold water." I say to Neji who nods.