Chapter 19

14 hours later - Tsubaki's POV

"She is sleeping like the dead, just how much work has she been involved in. It's dinner time for pete sakes."

I open my eyes, half asleep, but awake now. "What's going on?" I whisper confused.

"Oh you poor thing. Are you feeling better? Have you gotten enough rest?" Mrs. Amano asks me as she sits beside me, moving the hair from my face.

I stare up at her for a long moment, extremely confused but I sit up. "Thank you for the hospitality. But I had things to do today." I say to Mrs. Amano as I rub my eyes.

"Nonsense, you have to take in account of your well being, because what good are you if your exhausted and unable to function properly?" Mrs. Amano scolds me for a few minutes before I get up. "Now go sit at the dinner table, the twins are waiting for you." Mrs. Amano orders.

I nod and I leave the guest room only to see the twins waiting outside the door for me.

"Adorable." Hiroko whispers when he sees me.

"Good morning sleepy head. You feeling more refreshed after your 14 hour sleep?" Hiroto asks me.

I nod. "Thank you, both of you, for forcing me to get some rest, I probably would have worked all day if you guys hadn't stopped me." I say to the twins with a nervous smile.

The twins grin and fist bump each other. "It was nothing, you were getting irritable, so we could tell you haven't had enough sleep since your usually so collected and cool headed." Hiroto says to me with a grin.

"And from now on, if you keep working yourself like that, we're going to keep forcing you to go to bed." Hiroko says to me.

"We can't have our cool headed Tsubaki about to blow up at everything, now can we?" Hiroto asks me.

"We can not, because your the one who thinks rationally on this team, we can't have your irritation getting the better of you." Hiroko says to me.

I watch the two of them go back an forth, and their concern for me makes me want to cry. I haven't had anyone express concern for me for a while. I tear up as I watch them.

"Ah! She's tearing up! That's not what we planned on!" Hiroto and Hiroko say nervously and worried.

I wipe the tears from my eyes but they don't stop. "I'm sorry for tearing up like this." I say softly as I try to stop the tears from falling.

"Hey, Tsubaki, why are you crying?" Hiroko asks me more gently.

"No one has expressed concern like this for me in ages. I'm sorry." I say softly as more tears well in my eyes.

"Not even your sister?" Hiroto asks surprised.

"I'm the strong one between us, she never has to worry or be concerned about me." I whisper as I try to wipe the tears away.

"Hey, that's what a team is for. To look out for each other and be there for each other." Hiroko says to me worried and he steps forward towards me. Hiroko pulls me into a tight hug as Hiroto pats my head. I cry quietly into Hiroko's shoulder, not sure what to say to this.

"Your okay to cry with us Tsubaki." Hiroto says to me softly.

My emotions that I've bottled up for so long, just boil over as I cry quietly into Hiroko's shoulder.

"I'm so proud to have these students, they're bonding so well." Sensei says proudly.

It's a little bit later, but when I finally pull back, I feel really refreshed emotionally too.