Chapter 7

The Next Morning - Tsubaki's POV

"Hey guys, wake up." Sensei says somewhere around me.

I slowly open my eyes and I see Sensei standing in the middle of our tent.

I sit up and I rub my eyes as my hair falls around me.

"She's adorable." Hiroko whispers and I look at everyone, half asleep.

"You guys have to get ready for the exams." Sensei reminds us.

I lay back down and I bury myself under my blankets and the twins laugh.

"Come on, Tsubaki, get up." Hiroko says to me and I humf.

Both the twins get really persistent and it makes it hard to go back to sleep, so I sit up, and stare at them.

"Fine!" I say at last and the twins cheer while Sensei chuckles and disappears.

I get up and we get our stuff packed up and we head back to our homes.

I shower and get dressed in my normal outfit.

I dry my hair and then I loose braid it.

I then put on my pouches and I leave the house in a hurry.

"Where are you going?" Father asks as he intercepts me outside.

"Chunin Exams." I say to him and he looks genuinely surprised. "Oh right! My paper!" I say remembering that its not in my pouch and I head back inside.

I fill it out at my desk and I escape by window.

I just barely make it to the academy before the time and the twins look at me amused.

"What'd you do? Over sleep?" Hiroko asks me.

"Shut up, I forgot my paper and then had to escape my house by window." I say and the twins nod.

We head inside and up to the second floor and we see Tenten get kicked.

"Ah! Tenten!" Hiroto says shocked as Lee catches her.

Neji looks over and nods to me and I nod back.

Naruto gets mad but I just walk forward and stare at the disguised Chunin.

I just look at them so confused. "And you hit her because?" I ask them and Neji walks up and stands behind me.

"Uhm, well," the one on the left trails off, not liking our stares.

"She's our friend." I say and the two start to sweat. "How about you apologize by letting our teams through, we have to get upstairs." I say to them with a smile.

"H-How many teams?" The one on the right stutters.

"Ah, well, my team, his team, the blondes team, that should be fine, right?" I ask him and he nods.

The twins drag me upstairs as fast as possible and the twins fall into the room and drag me down with them.

"Hey! Don't run so fast!" I say to them annoyed as they get up and help me up.

Everybody glares at us and I just stare back.

"Hello." I say with a wave.

"Hey! Tsubaki!" Kiba calls.

I look over to see Hinata, Kiba, Akamaru and Shino, so the three of us walk over.

"Everybody is super tense." Hiroko comments as he rests his arm on my shoulder.

"Yeah, no kidding." Kiba replies.

"Hi Hina." I greet and she smiles.

"H-Hello Tsubaki." Hinata says to me. "Y-You weren't home t-this morning." Hinata says quietly.