Chapter 5-leavenowbye

Drop A Follow? leavenowbye 💙 (Thank You!)

George spent the next few days full of excitement, spending all his free time packing everything he thought he would need, practically emptying out his small apartment.

It was currently Thursday night as George lay in his bed on call with Dream, the two going on and on about the fact they were actually meeting each other in just a few hours.

George stared into the darkness of his mostly empty room, his mind a sleepy haze despite the pulses of thrill and excitement bursting through him, a soft smile on his face as he listened to Dream's soothing voice, paying attention to his slight lisp which he secretly found to be cute.

"George? Are you still there?" He heard Dream ask in a quiet voice, obviously thinking that the brunette had fallen asleep due to his lack of response.

"I'm here" George replied softly, a small yawn escaping his lips before he hummed contently, closing his tired eyes as he welcomed the warmth of his blankets with open arms.

"You should probably go to sleep, you've gotta be up for your flight in just a few hours" Dream told him, a hint of concern laced in his deep voice as he realized just how long they'd been on call for. With George's flight being around 9 hours long, plus the 1 hour long trip to the airport, the brunette would only have a short couple of hours of sleep.

He felt guilty for not noticing how fast the time flew by, although the selfish part of him was glad he got to talk to George for so long, the sleepy brunette feeling the same way.

"Alright, see you tomorrow?" George said, his voice quiet and slurred with a heavy British accent due to his exhaustion.

"Of course, sweet dreams Georgie" Dream said with a gentle smile before ending the call, leaving George alone in the darkness as he drifted off into a deep sleep.

The next morning, George sat in the airport awaiting his flight, his brown hair a little messy with slight eye bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep, the brunette stifling a yawn as he glanced at the time on his phone. Just a couple of minutes.

A tired smile tugged on his lips, seeing Dream's messages, bidding him a good flight and reassuring him that he would be at the airport on time to pick him up.

George typed a short reply before pocketing his phone again, the smile remaining on his lips as he ran a hand through his wild dark brown locks to tame it a little, drowning out the loud environment around him as he glanced down at his hands, fidgeting with them nervously as a thought dawned upon him. He'd never actually seen Dream before, how was he meant to know which one was him?

Before he had a chance to overthink it, a voice called out on a loudspeaker, announcing his flight. With a deep breath, he got up from his uncomfortable seat, taking hold of the straps on his black and blue backpack and pushing forward into the crowd heading towards his flight.

Once seated on the plane, he glanced out the window, feeling his anxiety spike as he took a few steadying breaths to calm himself down. He'd never been a fan of airplanes, yet here he was, waiting to take off.

George glanced around, thankful that the seat next to him was empty as he leaned his head back against the headrest, his eyes darting back to the window as he smiled sadly, mentally wishing a goodbye to the UK, his home.

The flight passed by painfully slow for George's liking, from children screaming, to random waves of sickness washing over him, to his complete inability to fall asleep. He felt absolutely exhausted, like he could pass out at any second; though despite this, he just couldn't. Something about the idea of falling asleep on a large flying object with strangers staring at him now and then was very off putting to say the least.