Chapter 18-alidreamss

Drop A Follow @alidreamss <3 (Thank You!)

Upon deciding to go downstairs for a drink due to his racing thoughts and lack of being able to sleep, the last thing Dream expected to see was a brunette with half lidded eyes from sleep deprivation peeking his head round the corner.

His breath hitched in his throat when their eyes locked, heart managing to beat ever so slightly faster than it already was when the brunette didn't break eye contact between the two. Despite the air being thick and tense with what had happened earlier in the night, there was a certain sense of warmth as their eyes caught each other, small, subtle smiles tugging at the corner of their lips.

However, this was immediately diminished when George coughed slightly, breaking their eye contact. Dreams small, dumb smile was wiped off of his face as it hit him why George was down here.

"Couldn't sleep either huh?", his voice was light and airy, trying to make small talk, "I guess not", the brunette responded, making his way into the kitchen.

The silence overcame them again as George moved himself over to the taps, grabbing a glass from a cupboard and filling it with cool water, taking small sips as his eyes tried to look anywhere but at Dream.

The blonde was agitated, one hand tapping gently on the countertop next to him, worry seeping through his veins at the thought he could potentially mess everything up. They hadn't even spoken about what had happened, having been interrupted by Sapnap before they could enter the deep conversation.

Now, with a hazy, sleep deprived, yet more cautious mind he was being presented with the very opportunity to do just that. To talk about what happened, to discuss the intimate moment they shared.

It isn't the talking that worries Dream per se, it's the fact that he has no idea if George even likes him in that way, if it was just a spur of the moment thing that he never wants them to discuss again. If it is like that then Dream could get on board with it... maybe.

If he got rejected he could easily pretend it never happened, go back to the way they were before it all got complex and they kissed each other on stream. Yes, the clip would circulate every now and then but surely it won't hurt too much to watch, knowing they could've been more. Surely.

But if he doesn't say anything and they remain in this awkward, tense silence, he'll never know, and he'll have to go through that anyway. Decisions aren't something he's famous for, anyone close to him would know that.

He can feel George's eyes on him at last, having drifted up from where they once lay on the floor, clearly sensing the words on the tip of Dreams tongue.

"You want to talk about earlier? I can tell, go on, say what you want to say", the brunette speaks, it almost sounds bitter.

"I- how did you know?", George rolls his eyes and scoffs, "You've been staring at me tapping your fingers for the last five minutes, so go on, speak"

Dream rubs his hands together nervously, "Honestly? I don't know what I want to say. Is there anything you want to say?"

George's doe eyes widen slightly, mind in thought for a moment before he responds, "We've got a lot to talk about Dream"

The blonde looks at the floor momentarily, "I know", he takes in a breath, "I don't want to fuck it up though"

A hand rests gently on his arm, a change from the previous bitter words moments ago, George having stepped closer in order to reach, "You could never screw anything up between us, you know that", his eyes knit together for a moment, "Don't you?"

"I'm- I'm not sure anymore George", he brings a hand to his face and rubs it, letting out a sigh, "This is different, this we can so easily screw up and leave in fucking shambles", there's a pause between his words, "It's different"