22. Those Hot Olympians

Orion returned to the apartment late. In a foul temper, he stalked through the front door before coming to an abrupt stop in the entranceway. He glanced behind him, for a moment perplexed if he'd come through the correct door. The interior of Sophia's apartment had been transformed into a Grecian palace. Confused, Orion walked through the elegant reception, his eyes surveying marble pillars with vines and flowers growing up them. A fountain tinkled softly, the gentle bubbling water cascading down a stone statue of whale.

Turning his attention to the far wall, Orion saw an -incredibly flattering- mosaic of Poseidon, sat enthroned with women worshiping at his colossal feet. The obsequious artist had made Poseidon look even more muscular than Hephaestus and Orion's brows pulled up in frustration.

"Why would the old man come here?" He moaned. Storming through the unfamiliar palace, he went in search of Poseidon, the sea god.

"Greetings, star immortal." Cooed half a dozen female attendants, each dressed in translucent silk. Recognising the pulsating jewels in their headbands, Orion knew that these were water nymphs in human form.

"Couldn't he build a palace out in the ocean." Orion grumbled.

He found his father sat before a complex, multi-layered chess board. "What are you doing here?"

"Planning my war against humanity." Poseidon replied, his tone casual.

"Plan it elsewhere. I want nothing to do with this."

"Indeed, you're too busy currying favour with the mortals. Do you really think they'll build temples for you?"

"Yes."

Poseidon finally looked up, his gaze cool and dispassionate.

"Every mortal that worshipped me – feared me."

"And they turned their back on you the moment you disappeared."

An attendant appeared at Orion's elbow, offering succulent grapes for the immortals to eat. But Orion waved a dismissive hand.

"How long will you be here?" He asked his father, his disgust evident.

"How ever long I want."

And Orion had no power to stop him.

"Fine."

Orion turned on his heel and stormed out angrily. He'd find another place to live. Because he refused to spend even a single night sharing a roof with the old sea god.

                         At the café, Cesar and Ana were cleaning up a mess.

"So, do you think Ares and Sage are dating?" Ana asked. "Because they have a sort of vibe. Like if sexual tension could kill – we'd all be dead." She wanted Cesar's input, but Cesar was distracted. He'd noticed Markus bending down to look inside a cupboard. "Cesar?"

Cesar was leaning to get a better look, his mouth slack. Ana hit him on the back of the head.

"Stop mentally undressing him."

"What? Why do I have to stop?" Cesar asked dopily, looking confused.

"Because you're getting broody."

Much like Eros' admirers.

A tense-looking Eros glared at a petite blonde who was suggestively sucking on a lollipop.