part 1

Part 1

Cross, a mute male from a destroyed and abandoned AU called X-Tale. His soul was connected to his Chara, and vice versa. After a few years of them being together, they finally managed to separate. Now, with Chara, Cross was able to speak due to Chara’s ability to speak. Cross was born mute so it didn’t come as a surprise that he was now unable to talk.

He stayed in his old AU, while Chara was off in another one. He was waiting for something to happen, but it never does.

Until today.

He was half asleep when he heard a portal open nearby. He rubbed at his eyes and looked up, seeing someone standing over him. He was a taller skeleton, but seemed to be covered in a black goop. He also had four tendrils coming from his back and one bright cyan eye that seemed to  be glowing slightly.

“Who are you?” The taller skeleton asked.

‘My name is Cross.’ Cross signed, hoping that he understood. ‘What’s your name?’

‘My name is Nightmare.’ He spoke as he signed in reply. ‘Are you able to hear?’ Cross nodded. “Alright. What are you doing here alone?”

‘Nothing really. I just stay here because I have nowhere else to go.’

Nightmare seemed to be thinking. “Do you have any experience in fighting?” Cross nodded and stood up, summoning a large knife to his side. “Spar with me.”
They spared for quite a while before Nightmare won. He was impressed at Cross’s strength and cleverness. “Well, Cross, I would like to invite you to work for me. In return, you will have somewhere to rest, food to eat, and a place to call home,” He held out his hand. “What do you say?”