part 20

A few months had passed and Chara went to live with the Star Sanses. The gang visits him and he visits the gang. Nightmare is happy that Chara is doing well. 

“Thank you, Nightmare, for everything you have done.” Chara said as he hugged him.

“No problem, kid. Call me if you ever need me, alright?”

Chara nodded and hugged Cross tightly before taking off with Dream.

He had also overheard Killer teasing Cross about his crush on him. NIghtmare was surprised, but other than that, he didn’t know how to feel. He certainly felt different about Cross then the others. 

Cross and Nightmare were talking about weird things that the gang has done and laughed about it. But something was different. Instead of the silent laugh that Cross usually does, he laughed out loud. This caused them to pause and Nightmare stared at him wide-eyed.

“Y-you laughed.”

Cross nodded and tried to say yes. It came out slurred, but it came out. Nightmare grinned and hugged Cross tightly. “Oh my god, you can talk, oh my god!” Cross thought that Nightmare was mad, but he was not upset in the slightest. They went to announce it to the gang and Error offered to give speech lessons.

“That’s rich coming from you, Windows Vista.” Dust laughed.

“Oh shut up!”

Everyone laughed and Killer started with the lessons.