part 8

Nightmare woke up first and sat up. At first, he was questioning why the oreo was sleeping next to him, then remembered last night. There was a meeting in about two hours and, even though Cross looked peaceful, he had to get up.

“Cross, buddy. Come on, time to get up,” he shook Cross till he was awake. “Hey.” Cross waved, looking a little annoyed. 

‘Too tired!’

“I know, but it’s a meeting day. Come on.” Cross huffed but attempted to get up, falling off the bed, taking most of the blankets with him. “Clutz.” 

Cross rolled his eyes as he attempted to untangle himself. He gave up and looked to NIghtmare for help. He laughed and picked up Cross, the blankets getting caught on his feet; Nightmare helped with that.

“You know that there is a penalty for me having to pick you up right?” Cross tilted his head, asking what it was. “I have to carry you.” Cross immediately tried to escape, it was no use.

“I told you it was a penalty.” Nightmare laughed and carried Cross to the main room and plopped him on the couch. About an hour before the meeting, everyone was starting to wake up. Dust asked Cross if he wanted some coffee. He nodded and went to Killer.

“Oh, hey Cross.” Killer yawned as he gave Cross heat pets. Cross gave him a confused look and layed in Killer’s lap. Now it was Killer’s turn to be confused.

‘Ha ha. Deal with it.’

“Okay then.”

Dust came in and gave everyone some coffee and soon the meeting started