part 7

The room was quite large. There was a king sized bed along the wall with a large desk covered in pens, used mugs, and lots of paperwork. Above the desk there was a painting of a large tree that had golden apples on one side and dark purple, almost black apples on the other side, with two young skeletons under the tree; one with a mint green tunic and one with a dark purple tunic. Cross wondered who they were. Nightmares siblings, perhaps. 

There was a large bookshelf that covered an entire wall with an empty shelf with picture frames with pictures in them. One had a picture of the group, playing monopoly. They were clearly arguing while Nightmare had taken the picture. Another one had an image of all of them, excluding Cross and Nightmare of course, asleep on the couch. And the one in the middle was a group photo where they were all there, again, without Cross. Makes sense because he wasn’t part of the group when these pictures were taken. They were all smiling and laughing. They looked happy.

Nightmare was behind Cross when he was looking at the pictures on the shelf. “The one in the middle was taken about a year ago.” Nightmare made Cross jump, not knowing he was behind him, and still quite jumpy from the night terror. Nightmare laughed. “Relax, Cross.” Nightmare gently pulled Cross to the bed and simply pushed him onto it. Cross instinctively grabbed onto Nightmare, pulling him down with him. 

Nightmare chuckled and rested his head on Cross’s chest playfully. “Hi.”

Cross waved and waited for Nightmare to get off of him so they could lay on the bed like normal people. Nightmare laughed and layed next to Cross. Nightmare stretched and laid on his back, while Cross laid on his side. Eventually Nightmare rolled and faced Cross. Nightmare softly spoke to Cross, telling him stories, hoping that those stories will help him sleep without any night terrors. Soon, Cross fell asleep and Nightmare passed out soon after.