part 16

‘Killer, I need to tell you something.’

“Yes, Cross?” Killer looked up from his phone.

‘I may have a crush on someone.’

“What?! No way? Who?” 

“I like boss.”

“NO WAY! You gotta tell him!”

‘No!”

“Yes!”

‘No!’ 

Killer rolled his eyes. “Fine.” he dragged out the “i” in “Fine.”

Cross of course, after telling Killer about his crush, gets teased relentlessly. “I can’t believe you fell for him!” Cross would respond by telling him to shut up and covering his face. 

“Come on, Cross, with the way boss treats you-”

“What does the way I treat Cross have to do with anything?” Nightmare had overheard some of their conversation. Cross was hoping it wasn’t enough for Nightmare to figure out that he likes him. 

“Uhhhh.” Killer had no clue how to answer without throwing Cross under the bus.

“Well?” Nightmare shifted his gaze to Cross, but was mildly surprised to see him covering his face. Cross had small hands so it was clear he was blushing. Was Killer teasing him about being the youngest or newest?

Killer simply walked away. Nightmare rested his hand on Cross’s shoulder to get his attention, but made Cross jump, not expecting it. “What were you and Killer talking about? And why are you blushing?”

‘He was teasing me.’

“Hm, alright.” Nightmare didn’t believe him, but let it slide.