Chapter 9: Sybil

Sybil woke up in a hospital room and tried to get up. Her body felt heavy. The battle she was in yesterday took a heavy toll on her. She pushed through the pain and started disconnecting the wires from her body making the machines go crazy. The doctor rushed in concerned.

"Miss, please relax, you shouldn't do that. You should stay in bed, your body isn't strong enough yet." She ignored him, and tried to get up, the second her feet touched the floor, she lost her balance and almost fell down, she was caught by some random man. She felt this weird tingling sensation at the site where he held her. She quickly pushed him away and sat on the bed.

"Who the hell are you? And where am I?" She asked.

"You should get some rest first then we can talk." the man said.

"Please spare me the b.s and just tell me. How did I get here?"

"You walked onto our territory so why don't you tell us?" A woman said standing by the door.

"So you are the wolves that tried to kill me?"

"We tend to do that to trespassers. Even if they are part of The Order."

"Margot." The man said. "Don't mind her, she's just protective of the pack." He said.

"How did you get this badly injured? I mean, aren't you Order minions supposed to be good at your job?" Margot said.

"I am good at my job, we just got ambushed and had limited resources. I got separated from my group and ended up here. If those are all of your questions, can I leave?"

"Are you really that desperate to prove you're a tough girl?" Margot replied.

"I'd watch your mouth if I were you wolf, I am not the one to mess with," Sybil said.

"I'm so scared. I don't care who you are, when you hurt my wolves with silver you are nothing more than a little B*tch."

Sybil was on her feet again and rushed over to Margot, catching her off guard and knocking her down. She held one of her knives to her neck. "I am not phased by pain, and honestly I won't sit here and let you speak to me like that wolf." Margot pushed into Sybil's stomach wound opening up her stitches, the blood dripped down onto Margot but Sybil seems unphased by the fact that she could bleed out at any given moment.

"Calm down both of you!" August said pulling Sybil off Margot, he held her close to him and waited until she calmed down. The doctor was called back in to fix Sybil's stitches.

"You are one crazy woman. If any other human came face to face with a wolf they would run, but I guess as a huntress you are used to the supernatural. The universe really loves playing games, giving you an Order member for a mate Aug." Margot said.

"What are you talking about? I'm not anyone's mate." Sybil said.

"Actually were mates. I know you felt the connection." He said taking her hand, the sparks came back when he touched her hand, she quickly pulled away.

"As I said, I'm no one's mate. Certainly not yours. If we're done here, I'll be on my way."

"Actually you won't be going anywhere." Sybil looked up at the familiar voice. Bane stood at the door holding a red-letter. "Would the two of you please leave us to talk in private?"

August and Margot left the room.

"I don't accept," Sybil said.

"Well too bad, you have been put on leave, your whole team has. It's time to recharge and reflect on what you all did wrong and heal."