Chapter 16: August

They didn't know how long they had been locked up, but the beatings and psychological games were getting worse. Sybil was able to fight them off as much as she could, she didn't want to give Julia the satisfaction of seeing her crack. August on the other hand wasn't doing as great. Julia filled his head with images of his daughter dead, and his family dead, and him losing everything he had, and every day was filled with Rick brutally beating him and cutting him with silver knives. They also tortured him by making him watch as they beat Sybil. He watched as they dragged her unconscious body into the room and chained her up. He hated that he couldn't help her. He wasn't strong enough to fight back and protect her.

"I underestimated little Margot. I thought it would have been easier to take her down with you gone, but clearly, your absence only fuels those wolves up." Rick said in anger.

"Yeah, it's called being a good Alpha. People tend to want to fight for someone they actually believe is making a difference and is helpful." August said.

"We'll break them, don't worry. And When we do, they will all be burned for their crimes against me."

"Have fun with that. See unlike you, I actually trained my pack to fight with strategy and not just to win. We can fight your rouges off for days and they won't ever get through. You only trained those you thought were stronger and could fight for you while leaving everyone you thought wasn't good enough in the dust. Which was the biggest flaw. If we had been attacked by another pack we would have lost. I learned from your mistakes and taught everyone in the pack to defend not only the pack but themselves also. This way there is no weak link for you to exploit."

"I should just kill you now. They will all feel your death and stop fighting. It'll be a lot easier." Rick snarled.

"Then why haven't you?" Sybil said behind him. "I mean you have us here chained up, why not just sink that silver knife into both of your hearts and just kill us? Honestly, I'd rather be dead than continue to listen to your stupid plotting and your constant whining. We get it you lost your pack and now you want it back. Just like a giant baby."

"I'd watch yourself if I were you," Julia said.

"Or what? You'll hurt me again? I'm not scared of your Julia." She said Sybil looked over at August and gave him a wink. It was their secret signal. She wrapped her legs around Julia's neck and twisted them until her neck snapped. She used the force of Julia's body hitting the floor to her advantage and managed to yank the chains from the ceiling. She wrapped the chain around Rick. He yelled when the silver chins hit his skin. August pulled down his own chains and broke from them. He got the key from Rick's pocket and unlocked Sybils chains.

"How?" Rick questioned.

"Yeah you see I would explain it to you, but I won't. He's all yours. I'll go get the rest." Sybil said. Rick tried to get up, but August pushed him back down. He got the Silver knife and held it to Rick's neck.

"You want to know something, Rick? I feel bad for you. To spend the last nine years sulking over a pack that didn't even want you as their Alpha. I made the pack better and stronger and now you feel like you're entitled to it? You know I could have overlooked your stupid little attack, but then you crossed the line by taking my daughter." August plunged the knife into his torso. "Then you put your filthy hands on my mate."

He pulled out the knife and stabbed him again. "Then you made threats against my family. I can't forgive that. I showed you a lot of mercy these last nine years by letting you live. I heard you were starting a stupid little rouge pack and I could have come and knocked you down, but I didn't think you'd actually come for me. I feel sorry for you." He held the knife to Rick's neck.