Chapter 29: Sybil

Two Years Later

Sybil was chasing Huntress around the house trying to put her diaper on. The toddler had taken her diaper off and was running around the house naked. She laughed as Sybil struggled to get her.

"Huntress Alexandria Margaret Hale you stop right now or so help me you will be in big trouble missy!" she yelled.

Huntress stopped right away and looked up at her mother with sad eyes. "Don't make that face at me. You don't get to be cute right now. No cookies for a week. Now let's go put your diaper back on."

"Mama no!" She yelled. "Cookies!" She started throwing a temper tantrum over not getting cookies.

"August Hale! You better come down here and deal with your daughter before I explode!" She yelled. August was down in seconds. He picked Huntress up and walked her back to her room. Sybil walked to the kitchen. August put her clothes back on and calmed her down. They walked back to the kitchen.

"What do we say to mama?" He asked the toddler.

"Sawrry mama." She said August handed her a cookie and she ran off.

"Now why did you give her that? You always let her get her way." Sybil said. August warped his arms around her.

"The doctor said you need to stay calm, remember? This pregnancy is more stressful on your body than Hunny's was." He rubbed her big belly. They were expecting twins this time around. She had three miscarriages already and so they were being more careful this time. She glared at him.

"If your daughter keeps up her behavior I won't be calm. Can she just go back to being a baby? She was easier then." He laughed.

"No, she can't. It'll pass. Myah was the same. She got into everything and made messes, you'll learn."

"I hate you." She said,

"I know. We gotta go to Myah's soccer game, come on." She glared at him again. She hated going to Myah's games, she wasn't good at being nice so the other moms didn't like her.

"Do I have to?" She asked.

"Yes. Now come on. I'll get Hunny ready." he kissed her on the cheek and walked away to grab the toddler.

At the game, Sybil sat on the sidelines listening to the other soccer moms cheering on their kids. She smiled and waved whenever Myah looked over at her. One of the other moms came over to talk to her.

"Hey, Sybil." She said,

"Hi, Ana." Sybil put on a smile.

"How's the pregnancy going?" She asked. Ana was also pregnant.

"I'm ready to give birth already. Being pregnant with twins is so much worse than with just one." Sybil said. Ana laughed.

"I hear ya. I know you don't like to talk to the rest of us, but I came over to offer you a sandwich." She held a sandwich out.

"I would love one, maybe two. And please sit. August ditched me to go sit with the dads." Ana sat down. "So you're having a girl?" Sybil asked her.

"Yeah, after having boys back to back, a girl would be nice. I know Olivia would love a little sister after having three brothers." She said,

"Well, I'm pretty sure I'm having boys. After Huntress, I don't think I can deal with another diva." I said.

"Oh trust me boys aren't any better. Mason and Ken are always tracking mud into the house, and Junior is always throwing his toys around the house. I nearly fell down the stairs the other day because he left his truck on the stairs. But I understand girls tend to try to test you more."

"Yes, they do." Sybil looked over at the field and saw that Myah had the ball and was going for the goal. "Go Myah Go!" She yelled. She jumped up and cheered as Myah kicked the ball into the goal.

"That's my girl!" Myah's face lit up at her mother's cheering.

"So how do you do it?" Ana asked once Sybil had calmed down.

"Do what?"

"Co-parent with your husband's ex? Are there even arguments between you?"

Sybil and Naomi had a friendly relationship. Naomi was a part of Myah's life so she had no say in that. "We worked out our problems. She did try to take my husband once, but I put her in her place. I know August has no feelings for her, so it doesn't bother me having her around."

"Why doesn't she come to the games?" Ana asked.

"She's a busy person," Sybil said. Naomi was currently in trouble with The Order so she was locked up. She had turned a human without permission and so she had to serve her sentence. She has a few more months to go.

"Oh, some of the other moms thought that maybe something was going on. It's been a while since they all last saw her."

"She's out of town at the moment, but she'll be back. Then you'll see the both of us a lot more." Sybil said One of the babies kicked her and she rubbed the spot.

"I remember that feeling. The twins wouldn't stop kicking. One is bad enough, but when they are both kicking, it is so annoying." Ana said.

"Yes, it is. I think I realized that I don't very much enjoy being pregnant after the first few months." Sybil said truthfully. Ana laughed.

"After four kids, I feel the same way."Ana wasn't as bad as she had thought.

After the game, Sybil and Ana went to grab some food with the kids. August had a meeting so he couldn't come with them. Sybil and Ana bonded while they ate. They went to a burger place with a playground so the kids could go run around.

"You kinda remind me of this girl I once knew," Sybil said. Ana raised her eyebrows.

"Really, who?"

"This girl I used to play with when I was younger, she had the same name. It was when we lived in motels." Ana's eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh. You're that Sybil?" Ana said. "I thought you died. I remember hearing about a shooting in your room. They said everyone died."

"No, I ran away before they got me. These guys my dad owed money to killed my parents." Sybil said nonchalantly.

"Wow, you seem so different though. You're much scarier now. I remember you being scared back then. You hated going back to your room." Ana said.

"Yeah, well abusive parents will do that to you. I learned to be scary. People mess with you a lot less when you are." She said,

"Wow, small world. I thought I would never see you again. I cried for you. I was so sad to lose a friend." Ana said.

"Yeah, me too. I guess something wanted us to meet again." Sybil smiled.