Chapter 14: August

It has been a week now since Myah went missing and August and Sybil went to track them down. When they got to the pack, Sybil headed straight for the rouge and tortured him until he talked. Nobody in the pack had heard such screams from a prisoner before, they knew not to mess with her. She had come out of the cells covered in blood, scaring everyone who looked at her with her emotionless expression. She hadn't killed the rogue, but she had managed to put a lot of fear into him.

August knew what she was capable of, but he was shocked to actually see her do it. They had made their way to the territory, killing any rogues that got in their way. They were getting close, they knew that much.

August came back to the car and threw Sybil the bag of food. She pushed it away looking at the map.

"You need to eat." He said, grabbing a burger from the bag.

"I'm not hungry." She said, he grabbed the map from her hands and placed the burger into her hands instead. She turned to him, raising her eyebrow. "Do you really want to play this game?"

"Eat. I'll give it back after. It's been days since you last ate anything. Don't forget you're still human Sybil. You will need your strength." He said.

"Fine. whatever you say." She rolled her eyes. She unwrapped the burger and took a bite. It had been such a long time since she had outside food like this. The memory of the night at the diner with her mom popped into her head. It was the last time she felt as if she could be happy. Too bad everything changed. She pushed the memory from her mind and took another bite. She took some fires from the bag and ate them. She noticed August drinking his milkshake and she took it from him and took a sip.

"What's wrong with your drink? If you wanted a milkshake you could have asked." He smiled.

"Yeah, but things taste so much better when they aren't yours. This is good, I guess I'm not angry you made me eat." She said,

" Good, It must taste better than whatever they feed you at the Order." He said.

"They have okay food at the Order. But outside food is always better. More flavor in it. They mainly feed us protein-filled meals at the Order, you know, to keep us strong." She said,

"How long has it been since you had any outside food?" He asked. Her smile dropped.

"It's been seven years now.  It's not like we were forbidden from doing so at the Order, it was hard for me too, bad memories would just come rushing back and I hated it." She said truthfully.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you sad."

"Don't be ridiculous, I'm not sad, remembering what happened to them makes me stronger. Besides, I got my revenge." She said,

"You did?" He asked.

"Yup, the man who killed my parents was a high-level criminal with the authorities in his pocket. I knew he would never be brought to justice, so I got it myself. I hunted him down like he did with us and I had him scared for his life. I killed any and everyone who helped him besides those who were innocent. I'm not a complete monster. I made him question every move and watch his back. Of course= I was never coming for him, but it was fun watching him squirm. Eventually, karma caught up to him. He was driving way too fast for his own good and ended up driving off a cliff. It was nice to watch as the flames consumed his body, but it didn't fill that hole I have in my heart." She said to him,

"So you did nothing and he ended up killing himself. Impressive." August said to him.

"Yup, and I did it when I was only fourteen. I made sure my face was the last thing he saw before he burned."