Chapter 11:Sybil

It has been two weeks since Sybil was put on leave. She was growing bored with being stuck at the pack. August had asked her to help train some of the wolves which entertained her at first, but it wasn't the same feeling as going after targets like she used to.

She had grown closer to Myah over the two weeks and had grown farther away from August. He stopped trying to make her accept their mate bond, and was somewhat ignoring her.

"Sybil, I have a package for you," Margot said she walked into the house with a person with a sack over their head. Sybil raised an eyebrow to Margot.

"Who's that?"

"I don't know, he said he was a friend of yours, which I found funny because you don't seem like the type to have friends. Here you deal with it." She pushed the person towards Sybil. Sybil took the sack off their head and groaned when she saw his face.

"Max, what are you doing here?"She untied him and took the tape off his mouth.

"I wanted to see if you were okay. I tracked this as your last location before everything went dark." He said.

"Well I'm fine so you can leave now." She said,

"Wait, I have something to tell you." He said, grabbing her arm.

"What?"

"Can we talk in private?" He asked.

"Max their wolves, they can hear us wherever we go. Just speak." He pushed his hair back thinking over what to say.

"Tyler is dead." He said. He saw the way sadness flashed in her eyes before they went cold again.

"Is that all?" She asked.

"Don't do that. I know you loved him, Sybil. You may not admit it, but I can see it. It's okay to be sad about it." He said.

"He meant nothing to me. Sorry if I don't cry over his death." She said walking past him. He grabbed her arm again, but she pulled it away. "Look Max, I don't care if he's dead. He used me for the benefit of the girl he was screwing behind my back! Will I admit that maybe if I had known him longer and he hadn't slept with Miranda I may have loved him, yeah I can do that. But don't you dare come here and tell me something like that to see if I'll cry over it. I hate to break it to you, but I stopped crying over things I could never change a long time ago. If that's all you need, you can leave." She walked out the door slamming it behind her.

She went for a walk to clear her mind. She could tell someone was following behind her, but she didn't care. They walked in silence, neither one of them said a word. She stopped at a creek and grabbed rocks to throw into the water.

"So there was someone you've loved before," August said, standing next to her.

"I have only loved three people in my life, and now all three are gone. They weren't great people and they all hurt me." She replied.

"Your parents?" He asked. She just nodded. " He's an idiot for letting you go."

"Isn't it to your benefit that he did let me go? " She said, '' He chuckled.

"Yes, I guess. I've been hurt by love too. Myah's mother was the love of my life. I honestly thought she was made for me, but she wasn't. She gave me my daughter and now I love my daughter more than anything."

"So you were a teen dad? How was that?" She asked him.

"It was stressful. I was also an Alpha at sixteen so I didn't get much sleep."

"Wait, you were Alpha at sixteen. How did you manage that?"

"I outsmarted the last alpha and won."