Chapter 23:Sybil

It has been a month since Sybil moved back home. August had kept his promise and didn't bother her unless it had something to do with her pregnancy. Myah was still angry with her for leaving without saying goodbye, but she was slowly getting over her anger. Bria was overjoyed when Sybil came home. She made a giant dinner that Sybil couldn't resist and made her stay over the night watching her as she slept. It made Sybil happy to know that they didn't hate her for leaving.

"Everything looks fine. Things like this happen often due to stress and overexertion. If you feel the pain again let me know as soon as possible." The doctor said.

"Yes ma'am." August helped her off the bed. He held her as they walked out of the hospital. She didn't bother moving away.

"I told you that you need to rest. If you need help moving around furniture call me and I'll do it for you," he said helping her into the car. She waited until he got in to speak.

"I'll have you know that I am very capable of moving furniture around myself. If I wanted your help I would have asked."

"Would you really?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I might have." She replied. He smiled shaking his head. He drove her to her house and helped her out of the car.

"Any more furniture that needs to be moved?" He asked.

"Not at the moment no." She said. "Come in, I'll make you something to eat."

"How about I prepare lunch today? We don't want you burning down the kitchen now do we." he held back a laugh remembering how she managed to burn the pie she was trying to make from his mother's recipe. His whole house smelled like burned pie for days.

"That was one time okay, I had the timer on the wrong time and also I was really tired." She laughed smacking him. She tripped on his leg and fell face-first into his chest making him laugh even harder. She missed hearing his laugh. "It's not funny." She said into his chest.

"Are you okay?" he pulled her off him and held her steady. She nodded.

"I'll make you a sandwich. It doesn't require me to use the stove." She said pulling away. He sat at the table and watched her as she made the sandwiches. Once she was done, she placed them in front of him. He looked at the two different sandwiches.

"Why is yours bigger?" He asked her. Her sandwich had more meat and was filled with different toppings.

"Because I'm pregnant, I'm eating for two." She said. He smiled and ate his sandwich.

"So have you thought of any names yet?"

"No, not really. I don't even have the nursery done yet." She wasn't going to admit to him, that she was moving slowly with the nursery to give him the time to ask her to move back with him. She hated living away from him and Myah, but she didn't want to move forward until he said it was okay too.

"Do you want some help? I'm sure the two of us can get it done quick enough." August knew that if space was what she wanted asking her to move back in with him would be going against her wishes so he didn't.

"No, I got it. I'm only seven months pregnant, I still have two more months to go before I give birth. I'm not in a rush." She said. August checked the time.

"I gotta go pick Myah up from her friend's house. Will you be okay if I leave you?"

"I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself without supervision." She rolled her eyes. August laughed and gave her a quick kiss on the head before heading out. Margot came home a few hours later and sat down next to Sybil. Sybil scrunched her face.

"Can you go take a shower before you sit down next to me? You smell like a wet dog." Her pregnancy has heightened her sense of smell and the smallest things set off her nausea.

"That's rude. Just because you said that I'm not going to. Besides, I don't think I smell bad. I'm just sweaty from training the new wolves." She said.

"I miss watching young wolves hurt each other." She said tears falling down her face.

"Are you crying?" Margot asked her.

"It's these stupid hormones. Ever since I got pregnant I haven't been able to do any of the things I liked to do. I can't train, I can't fight, I can't hunt. I can't even move god damn furniture without something going wrong." She cried harder. Margot hugged her.

"What's this really about?" Margot could tell that something was off.

"He hasn't asked me to come home. He hasn't told me that he wants me back and wants me to be with him. I just feel like he doesn't love me anymore. I know it's my fault, but I'm stubborn. Did I push him too far this time?"

"Sybil, I'm sure that he's just giving you the space you asked for. He messed up big time and he doesn't expect you to forgive him so easily. If you want him to come to you, you're going to have to tell him how you feel."

Sybil shook her head. " I'm tired of always being the one who folds, I'm always the one who speaks her heart. I don't want to tell him how I feel just to be hurt again."

"Then how is he supposed to know that you feel this way? Unless you tell him he won't know and he will keep his distance."

"I just can't." She wiped away her tears and walked off to her room. Margot knew how both of them felt, they just needed to talk to each other.

A loud crash woke Sybil up from her sleep. She looked at the time on her phone and saw that it was only 3 a.m. She got up and walked out of the room.

"Margot, what the hell are you doing at 3 in the morning?" She said wiping the sleep from her eyes. When her vision came into focus, she saw a man standing in front of her and Margot was lying unconscious next to him. Sybil imeditaly pulled her knives and aimed at the man throwing all of her knives at him. He was quick and moved out of the way, but not before three of them hit him.

"Grab her!" he yelled and someone put a hood over Sybil's head, before she could fight back, she felt a needle in her neck and she fell unconscious.