Chapter 13:Sybil

Everything was back to normal at the Order. The traitors were found and were brought by the Triad to face the consequences. The Supremes were put on clean-up duty. They rooted out all of the rogue vampires and wolves that were wreaking havoc on the human world. They had so many memories to wipe and dead supernatural bodies to bring back to this world to be burned. 

Walking back to her room, Sybil bumped into Raya, one of the Ultimates. They just stared at each other neither one bothering to apologize for what happened.

"I suggest you watch where you are walking next time," Raya said. Sybil rolled her eyes.

"I could say the same to you." Raya smiled sadistically. Sybil groaned in pain, Raya was using her magic on her, her head felt like it was on fire. She managed to get one of her knives to stab Raya in the shoulder, making her stop. Raya pulled the knife out and healed herself.

"Don't play a game you can't win." She said,

"What makes you think I can't win? I got you didn't I. Even with your mind games." Sybil said. Raya came close to her.

"That darkness within you is very intriguing. It's intoxicating." She whispered in her ear, she licked Sybil's cheek making her step back.

"Don't do that ever again," Sybil said. Raya laughed and walked away.

Sybil went to her room, Max was at her door. 

"Max, I told you to stop bothering me unless it's life or death." She said jokingly. His face didn't seem to change from its sullen expression. "What is it?" She asked. He pointed toward her room. She opened the door and August was inside, she was confused.

"What are you doing here?" He held the same expression as Max.

"I need your help." He said.

"What happened? What's wrong?" She asked.

August tried, but the words wouldn't come out. Max stepped in.

"Syb, a group of rogues took Myah a few nights ago. They distracted everyone with an attack injuring August so he wasn't with her. She was taken from her bed at her grandmother's home, and they left a note saying they were going to kill her." Max said.

"What?" Sybil was angered by the news. "Who took her?"

"His name is Rick, he runs the Fallen pack. They are a group of rogues that have been coming after us for years since I took his place as Alpha nine years ago. We tracked them as far as we could, but the trail ran cold. I was hoping you could use your resources to help me get word of where they are, if my daughter dies, I have nothing to live for." He said tears filled his eyes, but he didn't let them fall.

"I'm a good tracker, I'll come with you. We'll find her, and then I'll rip Rick apart limb from limb for taking an innocent kid as leverage." Sybil said.

"I can't ask you to do that, I know you're busy here, this is my personal vendetta. I don't; want you to get into trouble for using Order resources for my use." August said.

"If it means getting Myah back, I don't care how many rules I break." She said,

"Sybil he's right without proper authority you will be court marshaled, you already have a lot of strikes. Ask Bane for permission first." Max said. Sybil groaned but knew Max was right.

"Fine, wait here, while I go talk to him." She said, she walked down to Bane's office. She knocked aggressively on the door. Bane opened it, annoyed.

"What can I do for you Drake?" he asked.

"I need to leave. Don't ask me why, I just need to. I could have just left without notice, but someone reminded me of the fact that I've gotten in enough trouble." She said,

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Does it matter?"

"Well if it doesn't matter, the answer is no," he said.

"Fine, I'm helping a friend out. His daughter was kidnapped and he needs my help." She said,

"I thought you didn't have friends?" Sybil rolled her eyes. " How about you tell me the truth? He's your mate, the one I saw months ago, the one you ran away from. So why does it matter to you that his daughter is missing?"

"She matters to me okay. More than anyone has mattered to me in a long time. I don't know why. Knowing she is somewhere alone, maybe hurt or worse, it makes me angry." She said,

"Okay, I grant you the time but be careful Drake, you are on leave meaning you have no help from the Order, nor do you get to use us as an excuse to step out of line. Tread carefully." He said. She just nodded and ran to her room.

"I got permission, now let's go." She packed a bag with a lot of weapons and some clothes.

"What's your plan of action?" Max asked her.

"Simple find them and rip them to shreds." She said walking out of the room.

"Woah there, you need a plan, you can't just go into this gun blazing. You could get her killed." Max said.

"He's right, Sybil. We need a plan." August said.

"Fine, but we can't take you with us, Max, you go and help Margot out with the pack. I have a feeling with the Alpha away those rouges will try and attack. She is going to need help. We need to head over there anyway, I have a rouge to interrogate. One way or another, he will talk and tell us where they are hiding."

"Won't they have moved by now?" Max asked.

"Most likely, but we can easily find their trail from there. Don't forget I'm one of the best trackers we have. They won't be able to hide for long. Now let's go, the longer we take the further they go."