Chapter 27: Sybil

August and Margot stayed behind for a while, to see the interaction between Naomi and Sybil play out. Sybil had woken up in a good mood and was all smiles, which unsettled him. She was never in a good mood and she rarely smiled.

"Can you stop smiling like that? It's creepy." Margot told her.

"I can't smile? Haven't all of you complained that I don't smile enough?" She said,

"What are you up to? Something seems so fishy, you're never nice to anyone."

"I'm trying to be! I realized that having a kid means I have to be nicer so I'm trying." She put her smile back on.

Myah jumped down the stairs and ran to the door. "They're here!" She yelled. August came from the kitchen and walked behind Sybil as they headed to the door. He placed his hand on her waist, ready to pull her back if she tried to lunge at Naomi. The door opened, and all of the little scouts ran into the house. Naomi was the last, stopping at the open door. Sybil moved away from August and walked to her. Naomi reflexively moved back. Sybil surprised everyone when she pulled her into a hug. Naomi stood there stiffly confused.

"So glad you're helping out with the scouts today Naomi." Naomi awkwardly patted her back. Sybil let her go. "Let's go inside shall we." Without a word, they walked into the house.

"Did she just hug her?" Margot asked, confused. August just nodded.

"You guys have a meeting to get to. I suggest you leave before you're late. We've got everything under control here." Sybil said.

"Yeah, we'll go do that now. Bria, good luck with whatever this is. Also if they start fighting, get it on video." Margot pulled August away from the living room, and out the door.

Naomi set everything up for the girls and Sybil helped Bria put the snack together. They placed the food down, and the girls instantly ran from them. Sybil stopped them before they could grab anything.

"Rule number one, no fighting over food, rule number two, we make a line to get the food, and rule number three, don't make any messes or else. Got it?" The girls nodded, scared of her. They formed a line and she moved out of the way to let them grab their snacks.

"So what are we doing first?" She asked Naomi.

"Oh, uh. I laid out all of the activities for today. Each activity is an opportunity to earn a new badge."

"Are some of these done outdoors?"

"Yeah, a lot of the girls need to earn their adventure badge." Sybil nodded.

"Okay, do we need to set up anything out there?"

"Bria's got it handled already, we coordinated last week on what that setup was. But you can help me set up the baking badge. You don't mind taste-testing the girls' cookies do you?" Naomi asked.

"Not at all. I'll go set up now. I love to eat food."

"Just a heads up some of them aren't going to be that great." She said,

"With me as their judge, they will make sure they are good," Sybil said smiling.

"Well, the girls are eating now, so we won't have to start for another thirty minutes or so."

"Okay, do you want something to eat?" Sybil asked.

"Vampire, remember?" Naomi laughed, and Sybil joined in.

Most of the day went by pretty well. After eating way too many burnt, nasty cookies, Sybil stopped eating the girls' cookies and enlisted help from one of the other girls to taste the cookies. Sybil managed to make six girls cry. She tried to make them happy again, but they just ran away from her. Around lunchtime, Bria brought out the sandwiches. Just like before, Sybil gave the girls rules and they made sure to follow them. She sat on the couch feeling very tired. They only had a few more hours before they had to pack up. Myah came to sit down next to her, handing her a sandwich.