Chapter 1

The Myth of The Court of Owls is as old or possibly even older than Gotham City itself. Their existence has been passed down from generations in the form of that old Gotham City nursery rhyme: "Beware The Court of Owls, that watches all the time, ruling Gotham from a shadow perch, behind granite and lime. They watch you at your hearth, they watch you in your bed, speak not a whispered word of them or they'll send The Talon for your head". Throughout The Court of Owls' existence the secret organization also uses The Talons, a group of loyal lethal assassins, whenever they feel that their existence is threatened. For over a century, the secret society known as The Court of Owls have been an enigmatic and powerful organization in Gotham City, with little known of them other than the fact that they were a "secret council" that ran everything in Gotham, including Wayne Enterprises. The organization could be describedas a secret society composed of the city's wealthiest and most influential citizens. The Court have destroyed Gotham before, twice in the city's history in order to cleanse it. When The Court tried to destroyed Gotham for a 3rd time, their plan was thwarted by Batman. Ever since Bruce Wayne became The Dark Knight of Gotham, he has been a thorn in The Court of Owls' plans. Carmine Falcone & Hugo Strange were 2 of The Court's allies that were apprehended by Batman. The Court have called for a meeting as members have gathered at the mansion of Gotham socialite Samantha Vanaver outside of Gotham's city limits. Among the other members are Joseph Powers, The owner of the Powers Hotel & Powers Tech. His wife, Maria Powers. And John Wycliffe, A Grandmaster of the Court of Owls. Leading the secret society is Lincoln March, better known as Owlman. Lincoln March was a candidate for Gotham City Mayor and supporterof Bruce Wayne's vision of a new revitalized Gotham. He also believes himself to be Bruce Wayne's long lost presumed-dead brother, Thomas Wayne, Jr.. The members of The Court of Owls greet each other as they enter the mansion.

Joseph Powers: Samantha, how lovely to see you again.

Samantha Vanaver: It's lovely to see you too, Joseph. And you look lovely tonight, Maria.

Maria Powers: Why thank you, Samantha.

John Wycliffe: So how are the kids.

Maria Powers: Ugh, those little brats. I swear they will be the death of me.

John Wycliffe: That bad?

Joseph Power: They can't even matain a good grade at school.

Owlman: Ladies and gentlemen...

Lincoln March aka Owlman, now approaches the rest of The Court.

Owlman: Let us all gather downstairs.

Everyone now puts on their robe and put on their owl mask as they start making their way downstairs where there's a secret underground chamber. Every member enters the chamber as they gather around in a circle with Owlman in the center.

Owlman: My brothers and sisters, thank you for coming. I gathered you all here because a gift has come to us. Bring her.

Owlman signals the Talons as they bring someone with a sack over her head and her arma tied behind her back. They let go of her as she falls to her knees.

Owlman: My brothers and sisters...

Owlman approaches the prisoner and removes the sack off of her head.

Owlman: I give you, Hannah Baker.

It was Hannah Baker in her Batgirl suit.

Owlman: Or do you prefer either Batgirl or Prometheus?

Hannah Baker: Fuck you!

Samantha Vanaver: I've heard of her, she took her own life 2 years ago.