Chapter 14

As Constantine & Hannah continue to try and find Clay's soul in purgatory, back in the real world everyone explained to Justin with what's been happening.

Justin Foley: So Hannah has her soul back, Ra's al Ghul killed Clay, Hannah brought him back the same way we were brought back, and now Hannah and this dude are trying to bring back his soul?

Red Robin: Yep.

Justin Foley: In purgatory?

Zach Dempsey: According to them.

Etrigan: Gone, gone O Etrigan! Rise again the form of man!

Etrigan transforms back into Jason Blood as the Bakers & the teens are startled by the transformation.

Jason Blood: Hello.

Tony Padilla: What the fuck just happened?

Zatanna: This is Jason Blood, he was a knight for King Arthur. He can transform into the demon Etrigan.

Tyler Down: King Arthur?

Ani Achola: Then that would make him...

Justin Foley: Really old.

Jason Blood: I can thank Merlin for that.

Everyone looks back at Constantine, Hannah, & Clay.

Justin Foley: How long have they been at it?

Olivia Baker: At least 20 minutes.

Jessica Davis: How long did it take us?

Alex Standall: At least 10 minutes.

Jessica Davis: What's taking them so long?

Red Hood: Batman said that when he & John tried it on me, they went through all my darkest moments in my previous life.

Ani Achola: Darkest moments?

Tony Padilla: Oh, shit!

Zatanna: What?

Tony Padilla: If they're going through Clay's darkest moments...

Tyler Down: Then they're going through the last 2 years of Clay's life.

Zach Dempsey: The tapes, the trial, Bryce's murder, the attack at Liberty...

Jessica Davis: Spring Fling, Senior Year, and Justin's death.

Alex Standall: Clay went through a lot these past 2 years. More than any of us.

Robin: Meaning that it might take a while.

Batman: Exactly.

As they wait for Clay's return, Constantine & Hannah had finished watching Clay confront Bryce while secretly recording his confession, passing the tapes over to Kevin Porter. They go through Clay's relationship with Skye Miller, Clay talking to a hallucination of Hannah, & the trial. They see Clay's testimony didn't go well & Clay posting the tapes online. They also see how Clay saved Justin's life when they went to find him in Oakland and rescue him from being homeless, the Jensens taking him in and adopting him. Then they get to the moment where Clay gives his eulogy at Hannah's memorial.

Clay Jensen: Hannah Baker came into my life at the end of one summer like a star that fell to Earth. Like nothing I had seen, like no one I had ever met. She was funny, and smart, and moody, and... and maddening, and beautiful. And... I loved her. I loved her so much. And I ask her every day why she did what she did. But I get no answers. She took those with her when she went. Leaving me, all of us, angry, empty, confused. And I know that hurt won't ever go away. But there will come a day when I don't feel it every minute. And the anger won't be so hot, and the other feelings will fade, and I'll be left with only love. A good friend once said to me, "I can love you and still let you go." So, Hannah, I love you, and I let you go. And I miss you. And I hope that wherever you go next, you feel peace, you feel safe in a way that you never did here. Wherever you go next, I hope you know that I love you.