Chapter 2

For the past 4 months, Batman had been searching the globe for John Constantine. Bruce Wayne has recruited his old friend Zatanna Zatara in hopes that she can help him find Constantine. After 4 months, they finally found him.

John Constantine: So what can I do for you, Bats?

Batman: You're a hard man to find.

John Constantine: Have you been looking for me?

Batman: For 4 months.

John Constantine: (Whistles) 4 Months? You could've just called.

Batman: I did.

John Constantine: Yeah, I've been busy.

Zatanna: Doing what, binge drinking?

John Constantine: Among other things, love.

Batman: I think we need to take this conversation elsewhere before the police arrive.

Batman, Zatanna, & Constantine leave the pub before the police arrive. They make their way to the River Thames near the Tower of London as Constantine takes out a cigarette and lights it up for a smoke.

John Constantine: What better place to talk than the Thames. So what brings you all the way from Gotham City just for me?

Batman: We need your help.

John Constantine: What is it this time, The Witchboy?

Batman: No, not Klarion. 2 Years ago, a young girl took her own life.

John Constantine: So it's a ghost problem?

Batman: No, 5 months after her suicide she was resurrected.

John Constantine: Resurrected?

Batman: By the Lazarus Pit.

John Constantine: Ra's al Ghul?

Zatanna: Yeah. Bruce told me everything about her.

Batman: Before she took her own life, she record tapes explaining why she did it. She recorded 13 reasons.

Zatanna: According to Bruce, one of her friends posted the tapes online 5 months after she died.

Batman: That's when Talia heard about her and listen to the tapes. She dug her up and brought her back.

John Constantine: Why would the League of Assassins bring back a suicidal girl? What were on those tapes?

Batman: Her story.

John Constantine: And how do you fit in all of this?

Batman: I was in her hometown a year ago to purchase a company. I heard about her, she was raped.

John Constantine: Bugger.

Batman: It just so happens that her rapist was murdered when I was in town. The boy who posted the tapes, he was a friend of the girl...

John Constantine: And I'm guessing he was in love with her.

Batman: And she loved him also, they never told each other that.

John Constantine: That sucks. Does this girl have a name?

Zatanna: Hannah Baker. The boy's name is Clay Jensen.