Chapter 8

Batman, Zatanna, Constantine, & Etrigan have arrive to hell as the portal closes behind them. They look around at sight of the underworld. It looks exactly like their world but in flames.

Batman: So this is hell.

Etrigan: Welcome to hell. It's been a long time for me, centuries.

John Constantine: Just a heads up, don't be surprised if a lot of demons start coming my way. Made a lot of enemies.

Zatanna: I bet, all those demons you've exorcised, foiling their plans.

John Constantine: And the fact that I'm condemned to this place doesn't help a lot.

Zatanna: That's on you. Don't worry, we'll protect you.

Etrigan: Like hell I will.

John Constantine: No surprise from Etri here.

Batman: Enough, we need to get going. Etrigan, where do we starts.

Etrigan: I think I know a demon who will squeal.

Etrigan leads them through the streets of hell as they look around at the fiery buildings. As they continue to walk, a demon spots them.

Azazel: CONSTANTINE!

John Constantine: Bloody hell, tell the whole neighborhood.

The demon Azazel emerges from the shadows of an alley as he reveals himself.

John Conctantine: Azazel, who let you out of your bottle?

Azazel: No thanks to you. You've trapped me in that forsaken bottle and sent me here!

Batman: You think he might know?

Zatanna: Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Azazel: Know what?

Etrigan grabs Azazel by his his neck and pushes him up to a wall in the alley.

Etrigan: Just the demon I had in mind. You're gonna give us answers or else.

Azazel: Or else what?

John Constantine: Trust me, you don't want to know.

Batman: We're looking for a human soul.

Azazel: Ha ha ha ha ha, and you came here? You know what happens to human souls when they come here. They get damned for an eternity, long enough for them to become demons themselves.

Batman: And what about the ones that were brought back by the Lazarus Pit?

Azazel: Argh, the pit. Lucifer has had it with that pit. Can't do nothing to those souls.

Zatanna: What do you mean? What happens to those souls?

Azazel: Lucifer just keeps them in storage.

John Constantine: So Lucifer has them. Well that's just bloody great.

Azazel: Boy is he waiting for you, Constantine. He's counting down the day until you die! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Batman: Where's Lucifer?

John Constantine: You're not serious?

Batman: We're getting her soul no matter what!