Chapter 12

While the fighting is going on, Hannah followed Ra's al Ghul down to the lower level of the subway station. Hannah finds Ra's al Ghul standing next to a Lazarus Pit as he stands there looking at it.

Ra's al Ghul: Look at it. The very thing that brought you back will be the last thing you will ever see.

Hannah Baker: Tell me something, Ra's. Why did you really bring me back?

Ra's al Ghul: When I listened to your tapes, I listened to the voice of a broken soul. Everyone in the League of Assassins is a lost soul. But hearing your story... I knew you would be perfect for us. And you were. You were one of the best we've ever trained.

Hannah Baker: You've manipulated me. You turned me into a killer. You tried to get me to kill my friends. And you brought my parents into this.

Ra's al Ghul: You knew the consequences for betrayal.

Ra's al Ghul turns around to look at Hannah.

Hannah Baker: I'll never be free for as long as you live.

Ra's al Ghul: If it's retribution you seek, then you know what you have to do.

Ra's draws out his sword and takes his stance.

Hannah Baker: I do. I have to kill you.

Ra's al Ghul: You kill me, you know what happens, there's no going back.

Hannah Baker: I'm aware.

Years ago, Ra's al Ghul handpicked Batman to take his place within the League of Assassins. All he had to do was to kill Ra's al Ghul, but he refused. The sacred code within the League of Assassins is whomever can kill the Head of the Demon, will take his place and control of the League of Assassins.

Batman: Then don't do it.

Batman makes his way down as he stands next to Hannah as they don't take their eyes off Ra's al Ghul.

Ra's al Ghul: Since you won't do it, detective, perhaps she will.

Batman: You don't have to kill him.

Hannah Baker: It's the only way to secure their safety.

Ra's al Ghul begins to strike first as Hannah counters with her sword while Batman blocks his strikes with his gauntlets. Meanwhile, outside of the station, everyone is panicking because Clay is still in the subway station.

Tony Padilla: We have to go back for him!

John Constantine: Are you daft? You are all lucky to made out of there alive.

Olivia Baker: Tony's right. We can't just leave him there.

John Constantine: Look, I was told to get you lot out of there and keep you safe and that's what I'm going to do. Wait a minute... weren't there 2 teenage girls?

Everyone looks around and now notices that Jessica is now gone.

Ani Achola: Jess! Jess! She's gone back, hasn't she?

John Constantine: Oh, bugger.

Back inside the station, Bryce is getting the best of Nightwing & Red Robin, who've tried to double-team him.

Nightmare: He's good.

Red Robin: Real good.

Etrigan: Let me have at it.

Etrigan now steps up and challenges Bryce. Etrigan magically conjures up a sword and engages in a dual with Bryce Walker. Justin Foley has bested Red Hood as he has him pinned to the ground with his foot on top of Red Hood. Just when he was going to impale his double bladed sword into Red Hood's heart, Jessica arrived and tried to stop Justin by pushing him off of Red Hood.