Chapter 9

Back at Wayne Manor, Alfred had made tea as he serves some for Hannah, Barbara, Jason & Dick.

Alfred Pennyworth: I don't know about all of you, but I, for one, am very worried about Master Bruce, Miss Zatanna, Mr. Constantine, & Etrigan.

Jason Todd: Alfred, Bruce has taken down monsters & aliens. I think he can handle a bunch of demons from hell.

Barbara Gordon: The signal is turned off.

Everyone looks out the window and sees that the Batsignal has been turned off.

Dick Grayson: You're right. Wonder what's going on.

Red Robin & Robin return to the Batcave as they get off the motorcycle and start making their way up to Wayne Manor.

Barbara Gordon: Tim, Damien, what happened?

Red Robin: They're here. The League of Assassins are here in Gotham.

Robin: It was my mother who lit up the signal. And she wasn't alone.

Dick Grayson: What do you mean?

Red Robin: They had a hostage. A girl name Jessica Davis.

Hannah Baker: What?

Hannah gets up from her seat as does Dick & Jason, and now Hannah is pissed.

Robin: Mother also said they have your friends and your parents.

Hannah Baker: They have my parents?

Robin: Mother said that if you don't meet with them at the abandoned subway station in Amusement Mile in 90 minutes, they will kill them.

Red Robin: That was 15 minutes ago, which means that you now have 75 minutes.

Hannah Baker: We need to go, NOW!

Red Robin: There's more. Talia said that Hannah has to come alone or they die.

Barbara Gordon: She's not going alone. We'll think of something.

Jason Todd: Talk about shitting timing.

Hannah Baker: No, I have to go alone. This is my mess.

Dick Grayson: You don't have to do this alone.

Hannah Baker: They'll kill my parents & my friends if you guys come. I'm sorry but I have to do this alone.

Hannah just storms down to the Batcave. She heads towards the trophy case as she takes out her old assassin gear and goes to pick up her Miaodao Sword. Hannah goes to change into her assassin gears as the rest of the Bat family come down to the cave.

Jason Todd: Look, we've taken down the League before, we'll come up with a plan...

Hannah Baker: I said no! I'm not gonna risk their lives.

Dick Grayson: This isn't up for debate!

Hannah Baker: I know, that's why you're all staying! Look, I appreciate you guys helping me out this past year, but this is something I have to do alone.

Alfred Pennyworth: Maybe we should wait til they come back from hell. It shouldn't be long...

Hannah Baker: There isn't any time to wait.

Robin now gets in front of her.

Robin: I'm sorry, but I can't let you go.

Hannah Baker: Get out of my way, kid!