Epilogue (Part 1)

Hey guys! I'm back with the epilogue. Well part of it, anyways. Even though I said I wasn't sure if I'd make one, but I decided to do it.

Also, 900k views?!

I can't believe how far this story has gone, and I couldn't have done it without you guys. Thank you so much for all of your comments and votes. I hope you all enjoyed my story, even if it is kind of bad. I started it like 5 years ago, so you might be able to see how much it has changed over the years grammar wise...

Anyways, I hope you guys like the epilogue.

***

*Jax's POV*

This was hopeless.

Nothing stood out to me. I was not one to give up, but every ounce of confidence I had when I first came in no longer existed. Everything looked plain or too ordinary. Nothing stood out.

"What do you think about this one?" Theo hollered from the other side of the store, causing a few heads to turn in his direction, including mine.

He pointed to a small display under the glass. I walked over to him to take a look. My eyes widened at how stunning the small circular object was.

"Would you like to take a look at it, Alpha?" the man behind the counter asked as he slid the glass door behind the display open.

I nodded my head, still speechless. How did Theo manage to find this?

The older man picked up the piece of jewelry with two fingers and gently laid it on the palm of my hand. "Everything in this store is uniquely made."

I raised the small object in my hand to scrutinize it. Diamonds lined the rose gold band in a simple, yet beautiful pattern. The top of the ring had a square jewel that glistened under the light, tinier diamonds bordering it at the base.

"This is the one," I announced with a smile.

Theo cheered victoriously, raising his fist in the air. "I found it!" he shouted, looking at everyone else in the room and pointing at the small ring in my hand. "Everyone, I found the ring!"

"Do you have to be so loud?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow.

"I deserve all the credit," he joked. "I'm going to be the reason she says yes."

"Yeah, sure," I laughed. "Keep telling yourself that, Theo."

The man grabbed the white box from the display. I handed him the ring and he situated it inside on the pale pink cushion.

After paying for the engagement ring, he handed me a small bag that had the ring box in it. "Good luck," the cashier said with a large grin. "Can't wait for the announcement."

"We all know she's going to say yes," Theo answered. "It's just a matter of when he'll pop the question."

I rolled my eyes at him and exited the store, Theo following me out the automatic door.

"So," Theo started, shoving his hands in the pockets of his shorts. "How are you going to ask her?"

"I don't know. I thought I'd just ask her tomorrow night..." I mumbled, not really thinking much about it. I wasn't one to go all out.

A gasp left Theo as he stopped in his tracks. "How can you not do something big? You're asking her to be your wife for eternity. If you don't go all out, she'll probably say no!"

I let out a laugh. He was so overdramatic. "Please tell me you're joking."

"I'm not joking. Girls are into that sort of thing."