Chapter 28

Song: I Don't Wanna Live Forever by ZAYN & Taylor Swift

[Chapter 28 - The Mute Alpha]

***

*Jax's POV*

Darkness encircled me, blocking me from seeing my surroundings. My arms ached and screamed, begging for release. The bastards used silver chains to imprison me, not wanting to make escaping easy for me. I didn't know how long I was trapped here, or when I found the asshole's fancy cabin overlooking a cliff. These guys definitely didn't treat me as a guest or give me a warm welcome - I never expected them to - and greeted me with a silver bullet to my thigh.

I remembered stumbling to the ground as warm blood seeped through my pants and oozed onto the white snow. I didn't know what I expected when I followed their instructions. Maybe something peaceful or whatever. I was stupid and made an impulsive decision without much thought.

Now I hung from the ceiling, wrists above my head with chains that burned my skin. Along with my wrists, I was bound by my torso and ankles as well. I could barely move, and when I did, the metal rattled and burned me, forcing a groan to leave my throat. I leaned my head back against the cold wall and closed my eyes. At least Autumn was safe.

The wound on my thigh stung as the chilly air swept into the room. I could feel my body grow weaker due to the bloodloss, dehydration, and malnutrition, but I hoped the injury would heal soon. Although, silver made up the bullet, so it was difficult to tell.

The sound of a door opening echoed loudly, and a bright light shone into the room from the hallway as a man stood in the doorway. Dim lights on the ceiling flickered on as he stepped in. My body flinched as I squinted my eyes to adjust to the new light.

"Ah, Alpha Jaxton," the man's thickly accented voice greeted me with a smirk, his obsidian eyes glinting with amusement. "What a pleasure it is to finally meet you."

'I wish I could say the same about you,' I wanted to say. Instead, I gave him the best glare I could muster, hoping to intimidate him at least a little bit. Nevertheless, it only made the man's grin grow wider.

"You know," he started, ambling slowly towards me, "it is quite rude of you to not greet your host. Are you not the least bit curious about who I am?" When he got closer, I noticed his leather cloak and slacks covering his bronze skin as well as the raven hair tied into a ponytail and the facial hair decorating his scruffy face.

"Oh, that's right," the man chuckled. "I forgot how broken beyond repair you really are." 

I growled at him, which made him grin. Was I broken?

"I am quite pleased that you are here. However, it pains me to know that you do not trust me enough to follow through with your part of the deal," he said, shoving his hand in one of the pockets in his pants. He stepped towards me some more, until he was directly a few feet in front of me. He casually pulled out an object from his pocket, one that glistened under the light. A pointed blade.

He must've caught my confused expression because he answered my thoughts. "I told you not to tell anyone," he said, dragging his finger across the blade while looking down at it.

"But I didn't," I thought to myself, wishing I could just tell him that.

"Give me one good reason why I should not slit your throat right now," he said, pressing the cool blade against my neck. The icy object created a shock to ripple through my body, and I released a groan, flinching away from the dagger. He must've enjoyed my reaction, because he swiped the sharpest part of the weapon across my stomach, puncturing my skin through the ripped fabric of my shirt. I cried out in pain as I felt the burn from the silver.