Chapter 1

[The Mute Alpha - Chapter 1]

Song: Classic by MKTO

•••

*12 years later*

Dust particles filled the air when I slammed the large, heavy book closed. A stressful groan escaped my lips as I angrily shoved it back on the shelf with the other books. "Anything?" I heard Theo's voice from the other side of the library. I shook my head and continued rummaging through the books, reading their spines.

"There's gotta be something..." Theo mumbled as he pulled books off the shelves, opened them, and tossed the unhelpful objects somewhere behind him, yelling profanities at them. "Dammit! This is taking forever!"

I rolled my eyes and held back the smile that attempted to make an appearance before going back to my search. We searched for hours, but found nothing.

We really needed to find this book. I'd go insane if we didn't.

Right when I was about to completely give up, my eyes caught sight of a book that fell over when I sorted through the books. My eyes danced over the words that displayed title on the cover. I blew on the dusty leather, so that I could see it better, causing more dust particles to float around.

Opening it up, my eyes skimmed over the pages, drinking in the words. My eyes widened when I realized that this was what we searched for.

'Theo!' I called out to him through mind-link, 'I found something!' Theo was at my side before I could even blink.

He ripped the book from my hands and began reading the words more closely. "Are you sure this is them?" he asked as he reread the page. I nodded my head. "How do you know...?"

'I slightly remember them. But the evidence in the paragraph proves that it's them,' I responded. Theo continued to stare at the object in his hands, still unconvinced. 'Look,' I pointed at a sentence in the second paragraph.

"Alpha," the voice of someone made me turn around. I looked at the man standing in front of me by the door to the library.

I nodded my head for him to continue. "We have just been informed that the annual gathering takes place tomorrow night," Ryan stated with a respectful bow.

I sighed, not really wanting to go, but I reluctantly nodded my head again and dismissed him with a wave of my hand. "Wait, Alpha, I have more to say," he quickly said, "The Alpha of the Thundering Pack would like to have a word with you."

I glanced over a Theo who already looked in my direction, book closed. "We'll be there in a few minutes," Theo answered for me. Ryan nodded before retreating out the door.

•••

"So I'll put some of my warriors on patrol at this border over here," Alpha Nate pointed at a map that laid out on a large mahogany table in my personal office located at the pack house. 

Nate slid his index finger to the west borders near his pack, "Your warriors can watch the borders more up north."

We've been seeing a lot more rogues around our west side borders, probably because a pack more inland was recently attacked by hunters, and the pack no longer existed. Anyone who survived the attack became rogues. Now they found pleasure attacking and stealing from other wolves.

I nodded, agreeing with his suggestion. "Sounds good to Alpha Jaxton," Theo told the Alpha.

"Great," Nate clapped his hands-together, "With these wild animals roaming around, I don't feel like my pack members are protected, you know?" I nodded my head again.