Chapter 7

[The Mute Alpha - Chapter 7]

Song: House of Memories by Panic! At The Disco

•••

Nothing.

10 packs.

She was at none of them.

Luck was definitely not on my side.

I was beginning to lose all of my hope. I kept telling myself that there's a possibility she'll be at the next. The problem is, I've been telling myself that since the beginning of my search. And it's not helping anymore.

It has basically been a day of driving, stopping every 45 minutes at another pack. The next pack, Crystal Mountain Pack, is farther away from the packs I just visited since it is off in the mountains, away from many of the city packs.

The sun had already said "goodbye", like eight hours ago. It was time for it to say "hello" again as it became dawn. It was slowly peeking above the snow-capped mountains off in the horizon. The sky displayed a beautiful set of colors.

My eyes were barely staying open and I felt terrible. Exhaustion was consuming me alive and being away from my mate wasn't helping either. I was fine until I started craving her presence, which started when I was on my way to the fourth pack. After that, it's been hell for me.

I haven't eaten all day, since my main priority is finding her. Water is basically all I've been consuming, which hasn't been very much.

I released a yawn, my eyes watering. Lifting my hand up, I rubbed my tired eyes. I glanced over at Theo. He was out. He fell asleep when we left pack number ten, which was about two hours ago.

Thankfully the Alpha was kind enough to let us visit even though it was so early in the morning. The packs in the cities didn't mind when we came since they're always out and about even if it was late at night.

I didn't want to take a break and sleep. I just couldn't. She was the only thing on my mind and I have to find her or else I might go insane.

My eyes wandered over to the screen that displayed the time. 6:00. I've been up for twenty-four hours. Just staring at the time made my eyes hurt.

I stared at the long road ahead of me. Barely any cars passed by, and looking behind me, there were none behind us. It looked as if we were in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by mountains and trees of different shapes and sizes.

After another long hour, the exit for the pack was coming up, so I moved over into the farthest right lane. When I reached it, I turned onto the road. The closer we got, the more narrowed the road got. It turned from asphalt to dirt.

Suddenly I felt something within me and my wolf felt it too. My eyes widened in shock. It was very familiar. This feeling. And it grew stronger the closer we got to the border.

'She's here!' I shouted with excitement through the mind-link without even thinking.

Theo quickly sat up. "Hmm?" he mumbled some other incoherent words, "What?" I sat up straighter in my seat, feeling a bit more awake than before.

'My mate,' I repeated, 'She's here! I can feel that weird feeling I felt when I was here for the party.'

Theo's sleepy eyes widened as he processed my words. A large smile grew on his face as he leaned his head back against the headrest and released a sigh of relief, "Finally."

When we reached the gate, the guards allowed us to go through, telling us that the Alpha will be waiting for us by the town square. We drove passed homes. They were descent sizes. Many of them were two-story homes, a lot of them looking the same. There were also some one-story houses that looked really nice.