Chapter 22

Song: Teeth by 5 Seconds of Summer

[Chapter 22 - The Mute Alpha]

***

"Let's go out tonight," Mysha suggested, plopping down on my bed. I shifted on the floor as I turned the page of the book in my hands.

"But I'm reading," I protested with a frown. I didn't feel like going out this evening.

"I'm so bored!" she whined, dragging out the "so".

Jax wasn't home because he wanted to check up on Theo. The guy hadn't left his house for days, and both Jax and I worried about him. This wasn't like him at all. Typically he was happy and rambled on and on about the girls he spent the night with. Not once had Jax heard him mention a girl this past week. Usually he had sex with at least two girls each week, unless he's serious about her. Then it's a couple weeks.

So tonight I planned on sticking my nose in some books I got from the bookstore earlier. However, it seemed like I wasn't going to be reading tonight. Mysha had other plans instead.

"There's so much we could do right now," Mysha stated. I ignored her and continued to read. Suddenly, she snatched the book from me and tossed it to the other side of the room. My jaw dropped and I made a sound of protest.

"Hey!" I shouted. "You don't just go and throw books! That's a sin right there!"

Mysha rolled her eyes at me. "We're going to the club." Her tone held finality, so I didn't even bother to attempt to change her mind. She stood up and went over to my closet. "Do you have anything sexy in here?"

"I don't know," I answered. "I went shopping with Jax a few days ago. He picked me out some clothes, but I don't remember exactly what he bought."

Mysha hummed as she rummaged through my clothes, tossing articles of clothing over her shoulder and making an enormous pile in the middle of my floor. "Aha!" she made a sound of victory as she held up a skimpy, black dress that had a large dip in the chest area. "This is perfect. Put this on right now," she ordered and threw it at my face. I sighed and went to the bathroom to change.

Because I was already in the restroom, I decided to go ahead and do my hair and makeup. I tied my hair up into a tight, high ponytail and then I applied some makeup: foundation, winged eyeliner, a smokey eye, and red lipstick. I knew that if I didn't try Mysha would be upset. I cringed when I saw how visible my cleavage was. Why did Jax pick out this dress? And how did I not notice? That sneaky bastard.

I exited the bathroom and Mysha smiled in delight. "Hot damn, Autumn.," she wolf whistled when she saw me. "The guys are going to drool all over you. I"ll look like shit next to you."

"No you won't," I laughed. "You're beautiful, Mysha. How do you not have a boyfriend?"

Mysha grinned at me as she searched through my clothes for something to wear. "I'm not good with commitment. Mind if I wear something of yours?"

***

When we entered the place, a rush of excitement coursed through my veins. Last time I was here Jax accompanied me. Jax didn't tell me what he and Jax planned on doing, but I did know he wanted to do something fun since Theo's having a difficult time coping. Mysha giggled as she grabbed my arm and tugged me towards the dancefloor.

"Let's dance!" she squealed, jumping up and down to the song blasting on the speakers. I noticed some guys eying her ass as she twerked. I laughed at how goofy she acted. She tried getting me to shake my ass with her, but I refused. Instead, I decided I wanted to get a drink from the bar. Mysha waved me off as she danced with some random guy.