Chapter 3

It is now July and Dennis now has to leave for UCLA. He packed up all his essentials and took them all to the hearse. After he finished loading it up, he looked back and saw everyone in front of the hotel entrance smiling at him. He walks over to them and says, "So, I guess this is goodbye."

"No, it's a see you later." Ericka replied. Dennis smiles then hugs her. Then he hugged Drac. "So long Dennisovich." Drac says.

  He says goodbye to Frank, Eunice, Wayne, Wanda, Murray, Griffin, & Crystal. Then he gives Tinkles a hug and says, "I wish I could take you with me." Tinkles whines then licks Dennis. He says goodbye to Joey and Ginger, then to Izza. Then he says to Johnny, "Thank you for being the coolest guy of all time." Johnny smiles, knowing he did a good job as a father.

Then finally, he hugs Winnie and says, "I promise to return."

"I know my zing." She replies. "For now, go chase your dream." Then she kisses him on the forehead. He blushes, then enters the hearse. Mavis would be driving him to the airport. He looks back at the hotel one more time, then waved goodbye as the hearse drives away.

  An hour later, the hearse arrives at the airport and Dennis unloads his stuff so they could be taken to the plane. After an hour of waiting, his flight is ready to leave. Before he enters the plane, Mavis hugs him, then says. "Please don't go."

"I'm sorry Mom," He says, "but I'm just like you when you turned 118. I'm ready to see the world, but I promise to keep in touch."

  They hug for another minute reflecting on all the memories they had together. Then Dennis enters the plane and waves goodbye. Mavis heads back to the hearse, and is ready to head back to the hotel. Then she sees Dennis' plane flying away into the night sky. She waves bye one last time before driving away. The flight lasted 13 hours from Romania to Santa Cruz. When he got there, he met up with his human grandparents, Mike and Linda Loughran. They drive back to their house so Dennis could stay there for a few nights before leaving for the university.

  While he stayed, Mike and Linda showed him around Santa Cruz, and showed him what Johnny and his 6 brothers and 1 sister did around town. Johnny loved the skateboard park, but the end result of going there was not always great. He loved all the stories and sights of the city. While he stayed, he video chatted everyone back at the hotel and told them he misses them already. Once Izza got a hold of the phone, it was impossible to hand it over to someone else. She wanted to talk to Dennis all day.