Chapter 14

Dennis was on a mission to get Winnie's present to try and make her happy. Little did he know that he forgot to buckle his seat belt. When he was about to approach a traffic light, a car on the other side of the road going past the speed limit began to spin out and hit Dennis' car head on. He was launched from the car after impact, then hit a tree nearby and was knocked unconscious.

Dracula heard some kind of strange noise from outside. He went to see what it was. Using his vampire powers, he used his powerful vision to see from a distance. He saw two cars destroyed and Dennis laying down. He gasps and runs fast to the scene. He picks up Dennis and runs back to the house. Then he says, "Everyone, stop the party! Dennis is hurt."

Everyone hears it, and the music stops. Then Mavis and Izza help Drac carry Dennis to the hospital. After minutes waiting in the waiting room, the doctor comes out and says, "Well, he'll be okay, all he has is several scraps, a minor concussion, and two missing teeth."

Everyone's eyes lit up and Izza asks, "Were they sharper than the rest?" The doctor nods. Then Drac yells "Nooooo! His vampire teeth are gone! Now he can't shapeshift or fly like a bat!"

"Relax Dad." Mavis said. "At least he's okay. And not having his fangs won't kill him."

"Is he awake?" Winnie asks.

"Yes, you can see him if you want." The doctor says. Then he takes them to Dennis' room. When they enter, he immediately gets upset. Then he yells at Winnie, "GO AWAY! YOU DON'T DESERVE ME AFTER I DITCHED YOU AND BECAUSE I'M NOW A REGULAR HUMAN!"

"Dennis, it's okay. It doesn't matter if..." Before Winnie finished, Dennis yelled, "GET OUT! ALL OF YOU PLEASE LEAVE ME!"

Winnie runs outside and says to Drac. "I want to go back to Transylvania. Please." Drac tells Vivien to take all of them to Transylvania. She grabs her wand and draws a circle that makes a portal that leads back to the hotel. Then everyone walks through the portal and it closes.

Dennis was released from the hospital the next day. He lost his car so he had to walk back to his house. When he got there, he saw Winnie was not there. Then he says, "What have I done?! I lost everything, all because of a forgotten birthday present. Well, since I lost soccer, my car, and Winnie, then what good am I here?" He got a piece of paper, a pen, and began writing. He wrote:

Dear Winnie
I know you probably won't wanna hear from me, but I just wanted you to know that you were the greatest friend anyone could ever ask for. I'm sorry for hurting you and forgetting your birthday present. I've been a complete fool since I moved here. You don't have to worry about me anymore since you and I are no more.
I never zinged with you because I was too nervous and I believed I was too young to zing. But when I turned 18, I was not young anymore. I was grown up like you. I wish we had zinged when you stayed with me the last three months, but I was too rapped up in things that weren't as important as you were.
I realize that now but since it's too late and there's nothing I can do, I wanted to tell you that I'm leaving. I've had it with all the troubles life has given me lately. Please tell Mom, Dad, Izza, Papa Drac, Grandma Ericka, and everyone else that I love them and I thank them for everything. See you when your time has come.

Yours Truly
Dennisovich

P.S. I hope you find a new zing someday.