Chapter 11

After that one date, Winnie wanted to do another. She knew they were close to zinging but were interrupted by the waiter. She tried to get Dennis to do it again but he was waiting for another good time to do it. Soon, the draft for the MLS (Major League Soccer) took place and Jack watched to see who would select him. It happened to be Toronto. Jack was excited but he knew he had to leave Los Angeles. Dennis and Winnie encouraged him to go while they took care of his house.

The next week, they celebrated Christmas. Dennis gave Winnie a bracelet with many jewels on it. Winnie gave Dennis a new phone that was released not long ago with many camera lenses. Jack gave Dennis a scrapbook of his amazing season with UCLA. Then he gave Winnie a blue jersey with Dennis' last name and number on the back. Dennis and Winnie gave Jack new soccer gear so he could be ready for the new season with the pros.

After weeks, Winnie was waiting for Dennis to take her on another date, but nothing happened. He was trying to find a job while his leg continued healing. Then one night, Winnie had another dream. She dreamed she was with Dennis in an open grass field with his leg healed. They laid down to rest and admired the beautiful weather and view from where they were. Then they lean in for a kiss. Before they kissed, dark clouds covered the blue sky and lightning began to strike the ground. They ran back to their car, but as they arrive, a tornado comes down and swallows the car. Then out from the tornado came Bela, who at a high rate of speed snatched Dennis and flew away.

Winnie woke up in fear gasping for air. Dennis heard her yell as she woke up. He asked her what was wrong and she told him the dream. When she finishes, Dennis said, "Wow, that's quite a scary dream. But don't worry, nothing like that won't ever happen. Main reason, Grandpa Vlad shrunk that big ugly bat to the size of an eraser. Then when he got back to normal size, we got rid of him after he teamed up with Aunt Lydia to get rid of humans."

"But this is why I'm here with you now zing zing." Winnie cried. "I am worried something bad may happen to you. I mean, Izzabeth had a dream you would get hurt and it came true. Now I'm worried my dreams of losing you will come true."

Dennis was silent for a moment then he said, "Well don't you worry. You won't ever lose me. Now let's get some sleep. And remember, I'm right here if you need to talk." They fall asleep again minutes later.
After 3 months, it was time for Dennis to try and walk again. He unbuckled his boot, and was ready to get off the chair he was sitting on. Jack had a camera ready and started filming. Then Winnie said to Dennis like a mother would say to her child, "Come on, my little Dennisovich. You can do it. Just one at a time."

Jack laughed but Dennis said, "Come on Winnie that's not funny."

"I know," she giggled. "I was just trying to encourage you."
After talking, Dennis got up and slowly started walking, then he took bigger and faster steps. Jack and Winnie applauded and Dennis was now jumping around in excitement. Then Dennis said, "You know, since we haven't done this in a while, and it may be a good way to celebrate, how about we go on another date."

Winnie gasped then howled. Jack said, "I guess that means yes. I'll drive you guys there."

"No need to bro." Dennis said. "Now that I'm all better, I can drive now."

"Okay, that's fine too." Jack smiles.