Chapter 13

When Dennis and Winnie arrive back at the house, they see the door open. "Uh, didn't we close the door before we left the house."

Winnie nodded, then Dennis wanted her to see what was going on. "Wait, why should I check?" Winnie questioned.

"Because you're more braver than I am and you can easily scare off people." She agreed and went inside.

She started to investigate the house, then the lights turn on and many voices inside the house yell, 'Surprise!' It scared Winnie and she ran outside and hid behind the car. Then Dennis said,

"Oh, I shouldn't have sent you in there. Whoever scared the life out of you is going to get their blood sucked in less than a minute!"

Winnie heard what he said and tried to stop him, but he had already turned into a bat and flew inside. He turned back into a human and said, "Okay, who in their right mind decided to..."

Before he finished, he sees all his friends and family from Transylvania. Then he asks, "Wait, how did you know where I lived and why are you here?"

"We looked at your contact information and it showed where you were." Vivien said. "My what a nice home. How long have you had it?"

"We just claimed it today." Winnie said after entering the house. "It used to belong to one of Dennis' soccer teammates. He let us stay here while Dennis got better. Then he had to move to Toronto to play for a soccer team there."

"Wait a minute," Dennis said, "where's Uncle Joey?"

Mavis pulled out her phone and showed them a picture of Joey and Ginger with their new daughter. Dennis and Winnie admired the photo and they asked what her name was. Mavis said, "Her name is Shannon. Shannon Nighttime Loughran." Then she shows them another picture of her and Winnie says, "Whoa, she has human arms, and Frankenstein's hands."

"Isn't that cute." Eunice said. "She's going to be a big help with those hands someday."

"That's nice but you didn't answer my other question." Dennis reminded. "Why are you all here?"

"We're here for Winnie." Wanda said. "It's her 21st birthday."

Dennis said, "Well, Happy Birthday Winnie." Then he says to everyone else. "What are we waiting for? Let's get the party started!"

Everyone started partying inside the house and in the backyard. Frank couldn't keep himself away from all the junk food, Murray hurt his back while dancing, and Johnny was the DJ. When it was time to open presents, Dennis realized something. Not only did he forget Winnie's birthday, but also her present. He snuck out of the house and went to the car. Winnie caught him and asked, "Zing zing, where are you going?"

"I have to go somewhere, I'll be back in 20." Dennis said.

"But we're about to open presents. Come join us." Winnie said waving her arm towards the door.

"It's important okay. I have to go now." Dennis snapped. "More important than me?" Winnie said with tears in her eyes. "How could you?!"

Winnie ran inside crying. Mavis saw her and then went outside to see Dennis in his car ready to leave. She asks, "Dennis where are you going?"

"I need to go get something real quick. I'll be back soon." Dennis said.

"Don't you know you hurt Winnie's feelings?" Mavis asked. "I think you need to apologize to her."

Dennis turned the radio volume up and began driving away.