Chapter 6

In the playoffs, the Bruins beat Vermont, then Denver in the first few rounds. Then they faced Indiana in the quarterfinals, and they were the defending champions. The game went down to penalty shots. All of them were successful, so it was 5-5. Everyone at the hotel was nervous. Here's the commentary:

Ron: The Bruins have put up a good fight against the Hoosiers. Indiana now has to make the shot and UCLA to miss if they want to make the Semifinals. They send the senior Mike Samuels out. He was the MVP of last year's championship game. He looks to get it done. Here's the shot. And Stone makes a great block. Now the Bruins have a shot to win."

Brian: Hold on now, Ron. They ran out of good kickers. We may see a tough choice being made by Coach Cliff Carson."

Brian was right, the coach didn't know who to send out there, until Dennis said, "Coach, send Stone out there. He can make it." Carson thought about and called him. But Jack said, "What? Coach I can't. I'm not the best at it." "Yes you can Jack." Dennis said. "I believe in you. Now go get em!"

Jack runs to the penalty spot and points to the sky. The reporters and fans were confused as to why they put him out there.

Brian: "This is an interesting call by the coach. They're sending their goalkeeper out there to make the winning shot."

Ron: "Coach Carson may have a plan here. Stone is one of the best on the team and coach is probably putting him to the test. Okay, this is for the win. Jack Stone sets up. The whistle blows. He shoots. HE SCORES!! THE BRUINS WIN! And they will go the semifinals!"

The whole team ran to the field and crowded around Jack. "I did it Dennis! I can't believe it!" Jack says to Dennis.
"No, we did it. As a team. We're going to the final four!" Dennis remarks.

The hotel went crazy and the celebration lasted an hour. Joey, Johnny, Murray and Frank sprayed soda and champagne all over the place. Later on, Dennis face chatted everyone back at Transylvania. Drac answered the phone and said, "Everyone, look who it is. The legend in the making."

"Dennisovich!" Everyone yells.

"We did it guys! We're going to the semifinals." Dennis said.

"You'll be more excited to hear this zing-zing," Winnie said. "We will be at the next game!"

Dennis thought she was kidding, but Johnny showed him the tickets he bought on his phone right after the game ended. He, Drac, Mavis, Ericka, Winnie, Izzabeth, Joey, Ginger, Willie, and Vivien will be there.

The semifinals were held in Miami. The 4 teams left were UCLA, Louisville, Texas, and Clemson. Clemson lost to Louisville 3-1, now it was time for the match between UCLA and Texas. Johnny bought tickets in the shaded area of the stadium so the vampires won't fry in the sun. Before the game, they were shown on the Jumbotron, but Vivien hid her face under Willie since she didn't like being seen on camera. They got loud when Dennis' name was called during player introductions. Then, the game started.