Chapter 9

Days later, Dennis was released from the hospital and was going to take a flight back to LA with Winnie. The soccer team was also heading to LA. They were very upset since they lost and they took it out on Dennis. Drac and the others were going back to Transylvania, so they said goodbye to Dennis and Winnie.

Meanwhile, the team made fun of Dennis and Winnie. One of Dennis' teammates yelled, "Hey everyone. Look, Dennis' girlfriend is a furry!" The players thought that was funny, but Winnie didn't know what that meant until Jack explained it to her. Dennis tried to get him to shut up, but he already said it. Winnie got angry and yelled while trying to charge, "I'M GOING TO TEAR HIM APART!!" Jack and Dennis tried to hold her back, but Dennis decided to kiss her on the cheek. She sighed in happiness but Jack said, "Dennis, PDA, people are watching."

"Sorry bro, I would let her do it, but the end result would not be good." Dennis whispered.

After Jack walked away to travel with the team, Dawson, Chris and Jason approach him and Jason says, "Why are you sticking with him?"

"Yeah he left us at a bad time." Chris says.

"Guys, he got hurt. He can't be left behind in the dust." Jack says trying to defend Dennis.

"Well he did that to us and we lost the championship game. I don't see why you can put up with him." Dawson said.

"Because he needs help." Jack snaps. "And if it means not being friends with you guys, then so be it." The three walk away in disgust. Jack decides to travel with Dennis and Winnie instead since he isn't friends with some of his teammates anymore.

After a few hours, they arrive in Los Angeles. When they leave the plane, Jack says, "Okay, you probably didn't know this, but I have a house not far from the university. And since Winnie isn't allowed on campus, she can stay there."

"Okay, you're being too nice now Jack, but since I dropped out of college, I can stay there too so Winnie doesn't have to be alone."

"Wait, Dennis. You're doing what?" Asked Jack surprised. "You can't just drop out of college just like that."

"Dude, I came there to play soccer. And if I can't do that, then what good is college? Besides, I already did the work and told my professors."

"I think you're making a mistake here." Jack says. Then Winnie says to both of them, "Enough arguing you two. If he wants to drop out of college, then let him. It's like saying you want to retire and people won't let you."

"You know, you're right. Sorry bro. I'll get you a cart so we can head to a bus stop and go back to the campus to get your stuff." Jack walks away.

Five minutes later, he comes back with a handicap cart. Dennis sat next to the driver while Jack and Winnie walked. They take a bus back to UCLA, then they help Dennis go to his dorm so he can pack his stuff. After almost an hour, Dennis turns in his key and limps out with his crutches. Jack runs to get his car so he can drive them to his home. He comes back with a red camaro. During the ride, Winnie yells, "I thought a hearse was cool. This car is awesome!"