Chapter 12

Later that night, Dennis took Winnie to the theaters to see a movie that was based on a book she and Sunny loved. When they went in and bought their tickets, a kid walked up to them and said, "I thought you were dead Loughran. Your leg looked awful."

Dennis' smile instantly went away and he responded with a low tone, "Yeah, but I'm okay. Thank you for that."

After he walked away, Dennis ran out of the theater, sat against the wall, and began to cry. Winnie followed him out and tried to comfort him.

"Why Winnie?" He said to her. "Why did he have to say that? Is this how I'm going to be remembered forever?"

"No Dennis, don't listen to him. You will never be remembered that way. You will be remembered as the best freshman ever. Just shake it off and let's have a good night. What do you say?" Dennis smiles and they go back into the theater.

Meanwhile, at Jack's house, Jack was checking his email when he saw a message from the Toronto Football Club. He tapped it and it read:

Mr. Stone
It's been 3 months since we drafted you and we have not seen you at the team headquarters since then. If you would like to play for this team, then please arrive before next week for photos, interviews, and drills. We hope to see you before then, otherwise you may be cut.

-Toronto FC.

Jack knew he had to leave soon, but he needed to tell Dennis and Winnie so they know why he has to leave. He begins looking for a house in Toronto. He finds one near the team headquarters and buys it.

Hours later, Dennis and Winnie arrived back at the house. Jack shows them his email and they both read it. Winnie says, "So, you're leaving?"
"Sadly, yes." Jack said. "I have to leave before next week or I can't play."

"But what about your house, your car, all your stuff?" Dennis asked.

"I gave you ownership of the house, and Winnie, you can have my camaro." Jack says.

Winnie got super excited and wanted to drive it but Jack said, "Wait, you need a drivers license like Dennis." She remembered she didn't have one, but Dennis did since he had an international drivers permit. He is working on getting his drivers license in the United States.

All of them packed Jack's bags all night. By sunrise, he was all packed and ready to go. Jack drove his camaro one more time to the airport with Dennis and Winnie in it. When they parked, Jack hugged the front of his car and said to it quietly,

"I'll miss you." Then he tosses the keys to Dennis but Winnie jumps in front and she catches it instead.

While they were waiting for Jack's flight to be called, Dennis was looking for a job. He found one that caught his eye. An new analyst for soccer since Brian Mullins retired. He told Winnie and Jack. Then Jack said, "Try it dude, you never know."

Then Jack heard the speaker call for passengers traveling to Toronto to board the plane soon. Jack turns to his friends and says, "Well, I guess this is goodbye."

"No pal, it's a see you later." Dennis responded. Jack hugs them both and whispers to Dennis,

"Okay, I haven't dated anyone yet, but I do know something; Impress the girl and don't be stupid." Dennis chuckles and they end the hug.

Jack walks to the entrance of the plane and waves goodbye to them. They wave back. Minutes later, the plane takes off and Dennis and Winnie watch it fly away.

When they go to the car Winnie shows Dennis the keys and he says, "Not yet Winnie. Maybe I'll sign you up for driving class tomorrow." She gets upset and gives the keys to Dennis, then they leave the airport.