Chapter 10

The 3 friends arrive at Jack's house. It took them a while to unload Dennis and Winnie's luggage and to set up the bedroom they would sleep in. Their room was small and had two beds, but it had a nice view of the city in the back window. It was nighttime when they finished unloading, Jack said, "Okay guys, your welcome to stay as long as you need to. What's mine is yours, but that doesn't mean you can do whatever you want."

"We know, we respect your property." Dennis said.

"Listen Jack, only my brothers would destroy this place in an hour." Winnie says. "But I'm not crazy. Except for that incident at the airport."

"Okay then. Well you should get some sleep guys, it's late. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Jack closes the door. Winnie and Dennis look at each other and Winnie says, "Well, what do we do now besides wait for your leg to heal?"

"Well, I was wondering if we could um, well, um. Maybe."

"Go on a date?" Winnie asked with a hint of excitement in her voice.

"You read my mind. How about tomorrow?" Dennis suggested. Winnie got excited and was ready to jump on him, but then she remembered his leg, so she just hugged him and licked him.

The next day, Jack took the two to a Mexican restaurant he likes to go to. He drops them off and says, "Have a good time guys. Let me know when you're ready for me to pick you guys up."

When they walk in, the hostess says, "Sir, no dogs allowed."

"She's not a dog, she's a werewolf!" Dennis said that a little too loud, and everyone stops what they're doing and music inside the building turns off. They all look at Winnie and run out of the building freaking out. Then the manager comes in and says, "Get out! I don't want you causing trouble here." Then he sees Dennis and realizes it was the star freshman. "Oh, I'm sorry Señor Loughran."

"You didn't do anything sir," Dennis stated. "I was just trying to go on a date with my girlfriend."

The manager was confused when he said that but he didn't bother asking about it. He knew he wasn't going to get his customers back, so he closed the restaurant and let Dennis and Winnie stay there by themselves, thinking it would be more romantic. And he was right. They talked about many of their childhood memories. How they helped save the world from Colossus, how Winnie did anything she could to clear Dennis' name, and how Dennis saved Winnie and himself from Bela after he grew his fangs on his 5th birthday. Before they knew it, they were staring at each other and leaned in for a kiss. It lasted for a while.

They were about to zing when the waiter was watching them with his jaw dropped. Then he gave them the receipt and slowly walked away, saying, "Ay Caramba, perdóname, querido Señor del Cielo." (Oh my goodness, forgive me, dear Lord of Heaven).

"Yeah, I see what Jack means about that PDA stuff."

"Uh huh, maybe we shouldn't do that in public." Winnie said.

"Good idea." Dennis nodded. Then they left.

Dennis and Winnie; Zing Zings ForeverOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara