Ulterior Motives

Author: I couldn't focus much on the story for the past couple of months due to being busy in real life.

______________________________________

Keep playing by the enemy's hand......

There is no progress at all. Tirpitz remains missing, and Tyrant is roaming worlds as she pleases. Tyrant herself confirms that Tirpitz remains alive, but she is somewhere outside of Azur Lane and far from anyone's reach.

"There's still no lead to where Tyrant is?" Bismarck sighs in exhaustion
"Unfortunately, there are still no leads. Prinz Eugen had no progress as well, Lord Bismarck" U-556 shakes her head
"......"
"Lord Bismarck?"
"I kept thinking about Tyrant intercepting us in advance. Who could have leaked the information to her?" Bismarck rests her head on her left arm
"I performed my own personal investigation, but there were no traces of the culprit. Whoever it is, she knows how Iron Blood track traitors and covered all tracks beforehand"

Bismarck doesn't need more proof that someone in Iron Blood is cooperating with Tyrant for an unknown period of time. Members of Iron Blood are always believed to be naturally loyal and devoted to their nation, and a willing traitor naturally catches Bismarck off-guard. She knows everyone thinks for themselves, but even someone like wouldn't expect of going against their own nation.

"How about Friedrich der Grosse?" Bismarck relaxes her back
"She traveled to Royal navy territory to assist in the investigation" U-556 immediately responds
"Friedrich der Grosse is suspecting Eugen too. She tends to sneak off on her own and has no qualms with underhanded methods"
"Although Prinz Eugen is effective with her methods and always delivered fast results" U-556 softly responds
"That much is true, but Friedrich der Grosse isn't taking her chances with everyone"
"Will they be alright, Lord Bismarck? Prinz Eugen isn't someone who is pleased to have unexpected company in her missions. I'm worried they might get into a fight"
"There's nothing to worry. Prinz Eugen is smart enough not to get into a fight she can't win"

Worry still lingers in Bismarck since no one has the slightest clue to who could be supplying Tyrant with confidential information to Tyrant and informing her of Bismarck's next steps.

(Although I shouldn't be too trusting, I still chose to rely on U-556, Friedrich der Grosse, and Graf Zeppelin. I have to take my chances or I'll never find Tirpitz in time)

Only three people are aware of Bismarck already pinpointing the spy in Iron Blood despite the logic that she shouldn't be too open until she confirms anything. She doesn't want their next battles to be a failure and turned against them. Iron Blood is fortunate enough not to lose any ships despite the enemy being prepared than them.

"Lord Bismarck. If Tyrant's goal is to eliminate Tirpitz, why let her live until now? Without your protection, it shouldn't her this long" U-556 raises her hand
"That's what baffles me too. She always targeted Tirpitz but never intended to kill her. There's a deep grudge in her, yet....." Bismarck stops her words
"I'll continue to work in the shadows, Lord Bismarck. When it comes to sneaking and eavesdropping, the Wolfpack is the best!" U-556 puffs her chest
"I appreciate your efforts, U-556" Bismarck gently smiles
"I will return to my duty now!" She gleefully salutes before exiting the room in the hurry.

Hearing those only motivates U-556 to put it in more effort in her task of helping Bismarck pinpoint the spy. She leaves with the most cheerful smile curving across her face and the brightest expression. It may seem like her eyes are sparkling for today and the day after that.

"Tormenting Tirpitz doesn't benefit Tyrant, and I doubt she would kill her unless she's completely mad now" Bismarck thinks to herself

More than anyone, she has the most confrontation with Tyrant and already memorizes her thoughts. There's a grudge somewhere there, but Bismarck's eyes as of the moment only has pity when Tyrant comes across her thought. Even as enemies, Bismarck doesn't feel much hatred for her while Tyrant has the complete opposite feeling.