Another Shipgirl

Author: This is the story of the same name published in the Fanfiction website by also me. I will be uploading altered versions in here and AO3.

Note that since I won't remake whole chapters (just about half of it), uploading it will take less than a week per chapter.
______________________________________

Sailing through a peaceful sea, Bismarck's fleet sortied on high alert, preparing for ant possible enemy ambush.

"The Abyssals have been quiet lately" Normally, Bismarck would be glad...but one can never let their guard down in a war

"There aren't much Abyssals in this area. It's like they're avoiding this part of the Pacific"

Tirpitz tips her cap, enjoying the moment of peace and fresh sea air. Usually her ears would ring with the loud booms of cannonfire and she would always get a whiff of smoke and Abyssal corpses. She enjoyed the brief moment without loosening her guard.

"We're here to investigate about a phenomenon the Russians encountered three days ago"

"What is this phenomenon exactly?" Tirpitz curiously asked

"According to them, sudden shift in the weather and something about seeing a mysterious light in the middle of a storm"

"Mysterious light?"

"Not much is known, but every time a strange weather phenomenon like this occurs...Abyssals suddenly disappear in a split second"

"I heard the Regia Marina fleet were met by a strong blizzard when it was supposed to be a sunny day" Tirpitz commented

"I heard about it too. The weather had been unusually recently and no one from the military knows why" Graf Zeppelin added

Mutsuki shivers thinking it might be a supernatural event, like aliens or something.

"Ghost Abyssals? Do they haunt the seas, poi?" Yuudachi tilted her head

"Ghosts doesn't exist, Yuudachi-chan. They're just made to scare little children" Mutsuki nervously laughs

Graf Zeppelin and Prinz Eugen looked at each other, concerned about this sudden anomaly that's not only happening in the target area, but other places as well.

"This phenomenon pops out in random places and random times. Still, our task is to investigate and search for clues"

"Still, sending a surface fleet to do some cruising...is a bit of a waste for me. By waste, I mean waste of our resources since just the two of us eat a lot of fuel"

Tirpitz knows human vessels can't easily sail through open seas due to the threat of Abyssals and even with shipgirl escorts, there is a high risk of human casualties.

"You're just bored. Also, don't say like we eat too much" Bismarck sighs

"Of course I'm bored. We're out here waiting for something to happen" Tirpitz didn't hide how annoyed she is

As Bismarck received no signs of Abyssal ships, the fleet experienced the phenomenon themselves. The sunny weather had instantly shifted to dark skies and ominous winds.

"It's gotten colder all of a sudden sudden. It's not even winter"

Prinz Eugen shivered while Graf Zeppelin looks above the dark sky and swallowed her breath.

"I have a bad feeling about this"

Graf Zeppelin didn't hide her worry, pressing her hand on her chest to feel her rapid heart beat.