Inevitable Confrontation

Note: I lived again. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to die again.

Next chapter is the last chapter (with an epilogue at the end).

________________________________________________________________

Right now, AL Bismarck is occupied with KC Nagato in finalizing the plan to storm Tyrant's base. Everyone else is busy making the preparations, so rather than feel anxious, Tirpitz sits near the beach in deep thought while staring at the sky.

"Type Zwei. Can it really give us a chance.....or at least me a chance?"

The power it promises is tempting, but Tirpitz remembers her current state. She clutches her chest and frowns, somewhat frustrated.

"I don't have much of a choice, do I?"

As much as she dislikes the current state of things, a scene of her META version flashes right before her eyes.

"......."

For hours, Tyrant kneels in complete silence with Victorious' lifeless body in her arms. As she gently holds her motionless friend close to her, Tyrant's eyes only stare at the ruined surroundings.

"Back then, she gave up everything....."

Tirpitz shakes her head and clears herself of the thought of belonging to others.

"What are you sulking about?"

KC Bismarck waves her hand in front of Tirpitz and greets her with the usual cheerful smile.

"Ah, it's you....." Tirpitz is mildly surprised
"You look so down. Are you worried about the next fight?" KC Bismarck sits next to her
"Well, I've been thinking about Tyrant who's also Tirpitz META"
"Oh, your evil version is obsessed with revenge"
"It's just....unexpected that I might turn out like that"
"What do you mean?" KC Bismarck tilts her head
"For so long, I wondered if a part of me or another version of me viewed Iron Blood and everyone else with spite. My history has been a tragedy to the point that my existence is questionable"
"That's the past!"
"I know that, but it's really unexpected how it turned out the one I despised the most is myself....."

When Tirpitz thinks of herself and Tyrant, the shades of her eye color become dull and her entire expression is a mixture of solemn and melancholy.

"I'm afraid of becoming like her because I realized I like being with everyone. It makes me happy and succumbing to the corrosion means I'll be sacrificing my own happiness"
"Tirpitz......" KC Bismarck can't ignore the sadness in her eyes
"The corrosion of her METAmorphosis overwhelmed her wisdom cube that it altered her personality. Even so, she struggled from time to time.....and perhaps sought peace in death" Tirpitz clenches her fists
"So you're saying she wants to die?"
"Killing someone you hate is much easier compared to killing someone you pity. At the very least, you can comfort yourself by saying how she brought it to herself"
"It feels like you understood her"
"Being stuck fighting with her for a few days did clarify a few things....."

Tirpitz doesn't specify it, but she makes it clear to KC Bismarck that what happened back then isn't only a fight to the death between the two.

"Even if you're technically my sister from another world, you treated me no differently from your own sister"
"Tirpitz is Tirpitz no matter the timeline or universe. Besides, it's instinct because you two are distant and incredibly stubborn"
"Maybe if we met earlier, things would have turned out differently" Tirpitz softly laments
"What do you mean?"
"It's only talking and being convinced by you that my actual sister and I have begun to mend our relationship"

While Tirpitz is somewhat glad she and her Bismarck have a more positive sisterly relationship, it still upsets that it takes a long time before the two warm up to each other. That an unusual incident has to take place to change each other's view and soften their stubborn nature.