Namm Kanavu Maaligai

The day dawned clear. The golden fingers of sun lit up the earth. Birds chirped.

Ashwin stood admidst heaps of colourful flowers looking at the decoration work going on. The decoration team was speeding up as they had only little more time left to complete their work.

His mom and dad were busy making other arrangements for the puja. Yes today is the house warming ceremony of Ashwin's dream home.

His sister's family will join a little late as they had to get their kids ready.

He messaged Sivaangi.

A: Hi darling! Very sweet morning.

S: Good Morning manna. U all reached?

A: We reached around 5.30. wat about you?

S: We are all ready. Will start in another 5 mnts.

A: Unna pattu podavaila paakka romba aasaiyaa wait panren.

S: Will meet you in another half an hour. Keep waiting till then. Bye ma.

A: Bye baby. Come soon.

Ashwin was busy talking about the food arrangements for the day with the caterer. Meanwhile his sister's family arrived and kids came running to him and hugged him.

Kid1: Mama en dress nalla irukka?

A: super ah irukkuda kutty.

Kid2: Athai enga?

A: (He smiled) ippa vandhiduvaanga

K1: Haiyaah Jolly appo athai kooda velayadalaam (they clapped their hands and started playing around)

Ashwin felt elated that his girl has captured eveyone's heart in his family.

Ashwin was in the lawn area on call with someone when he heard honking sound and cars arrived at the gate.

A: Maa....Avunga ellam vandhutaanga

He and his family members reached the gate to invite Sivaangi's family. Sivaangi's mom and dad got down from the front and from the rear seat got down his angel Sivaangi gorgeously draped in an elegant golden and off-white silk saree with her hair tied to a fish plait with jasmine flowers (her mom insisted as it is considered traditional), minimal makeup as usual, small bindi and simple gold jewellery. She dazzled.

Her brother, aunts and cousins got down from the other cars.

Ashwin and his family members folded hands welcoming Sivaangi's family.

Ashwin couldn't take eyes off his darling to-be-wife and his heart skipped a beat by her spellbound beauty.  He didn't hesitate to go beside her and hold her hands as he need not had to worry about cameras capturing every moment of him with her. It was indeed a very private family function with only close family members. No media was allowed.

He entwined his hand with hers. Her cousins laughed, teased and made fun of them as it usually happens for any soon-to-be-wedded couple and the place was so much vibrant with all those laughter.

Everyone proceeded into the house while they both still entwined their hands, smiled at each other with so much satisfaction looking at their newly built dream home which had shaped up to their expectations.

A: Darling! You are ravishingly beautiful in saree today. Pudu ponnu kalai vandhiduchu.

S,: Neenga mattum ennavam. You look stunning in silk shirt and dhoti. Traditional attire always has its own charm.

As they reached the entrance door, Ashwin's mom and sister came beside them. Mom gave Sivaangi a forehead kiss " En marumaga innikku romba Azhagu..en kanney pattudum. Valadhu kaal eduthu vechu ulla vaamma".