Trip (1)

Sivaangi was sitting in a corner of the sofa with gloomy face when the door bell rang. Sivaangi's mind was preoccupied with something that she didn't hear the door bell. Ashwin's mom opened the door and Ashwin was at the door.

M: Dei Ashwin....enga pona nee... Kalyanam aagi moonu naal thaan aachu, adhukulla avala paavam thaniya vituttu 2 mani neram ah aala kanom. Poi enannu paaru.

A: Maa...adhu naan paathukkaren. Kavalapadadheenga.

Ashwin saw his newly wed wife who looked obviously disturbed. He sat near her, tapped her shoulder, but she didn't respond.

A: Sivaangi maa inga paaru

He turned her face to his side and saw her eyes were welled up. Ashwin frowned with shock. Not wanting to feel embarassed in front of her in-laws bursting into cry, she got up and went to their room even without uttering a single word.

Ashwin followed her to their room, locked the door, saw her standing near the window seeing outside, and he hugged her from her back. She tried to take his hands off her hip but in vain. His grip was tight. He kept his chin on her shoulder, smelled her fragrance in the crook and kissed.

A: Ennamma kovama?

S: Unga mela kova pada naan yaaru?

A: En maa ippdi sollra? Please listen to me first.

S: Stop it Ashwin. I dont want to listen to anything now.

A: Maa. naan enga ponennu ketta, neeyey enna katti pudichu, kanda edathula kiss pannuva (he smirked)

S: Andha nenappu laam mootta katti potrunga. En pakkathulayey varadheenga.
She loosened his hold, moved away and sat on the cot.

A: Maa really didn't expect you to be this much upset. Else I would have told you before leaving.

S: When I woke up after my nap, you were not there on the bed. Searched for you everywhere in the house and finally Athai who was sitting in the garden told you had gone out. No message or call from you. I was really very much distressed. It's been only 3 days since we are married and you didn't feel me important to let me know before you went out. You left me all alone. You know, I couldn't even cry out aloud as your home is a new place for me and u made me feel this place strange without your presence.

Sivaangi poured her heart out and burst into tears. She cried louder. Ashwin was very much astounded to see this side of his darling wife. He sat beside her.  He caressed her hair, kissed her head, held her right hand and caressed her palm.

A: Maa nejama nee ivlo upset aava nu sathiyama nenaikkala. Unakku oru surprise kudukkanumnu thaan sollama ponen. I m really very very sorry ma.

He sounded very low. His face showed he was downcast.  He literally started shedding tears.  Sivaangi who could never bear seeing him sad or shedding tears, immediately wiped her tears, tried to cheer herself up, wiped his tears, held both his hands and kissed them.

S: Ashwiney! Enakku neenga velila ponadhu kovam laam illa. Sollitu pogala la adhaan konjam upset. You know I missed you so much. Vera onnum illa. Neenga feel pannadheenga. Apram enakku jaasthi azhuga vandhidum.

A: I m really sorry ma. Inimel unta sollama engayum pogavey maatten.

S: Adhaan surprise nu solteengaley. So I m happy. Enna surprise Ashwiney.

He took his mobile from his pocket and showed her something. Seeing that Sivaangi screamed with excitement. It was their air tickets to Delhi for the next day evening. Sivaangi was so much elated, she hugged him tight and kissed him all over his face. He felt contended to see her  happy.