Magic Never Ends

It was late evening when Ashwin was sitting on the sofa with his head laid on the headrest and eyes closed. He was engrossed in deep thoughts that he didn't even realise his 3 year old lill angel, his daughter Ahana, calling him for a playtime. She pulled his dress, tapped his thigh, called him constantly and finally climbed and sat on his lap scratching his cheeks and that's when he opened his eyes and realised his daughter sitting on him. He cuddled and kissed her.

K: Appa vaanga velayaadalaam

A: Illada kutty. Appakku konjam thala valikkudhu. Nee poi TV paaru. Naama nalaikku velayadalam.

K: Enakku ippovey velaiyaadanum

A: Nee poi TV paaru, appa konja neram kalichu varen ma please

Ahana got down from her dad and went to watch tv.

Ashwin's wife Sivaangi who was watching all these from the kitchen clearly understood that Ashwin was under intense pressure. Generally he was the one who always preferred Ahana to play with him whenever he was at home rather than watching tv. But today what made him reject the little one's plea. She knew that he was preoccupied. She moved towards Ashwin. Massaged his temples and kissed his forehead from behind. Ashwin opened his eyes, saw her with a smile on her face.

A: Sivaangi ma ennamma? Aunty varangannu sonna unnayum, Ahana vayum veetukku kootitu poga. Eppo varaanga?

S: She ll come around 8.30. Ungalukku enna aachu. Enna tension innikku?

A: Adhellam onnum Illamma. Just konjam thalai vali. Nothing else.

S: No ma. It's not just headache. I know you very well. Romba dull ah irukeenga. You are preoccupied with something. Share it with me. I will see if I can help you.

She sat beside him. He lied on her lap and she caressed his forehead.

A: Adhu vandhu ma, tomorrow they are announcing the Tamilnadu state awards.

S: Yes I know. You have been nominated in the best actor category.

A: Adhaan konjam tension

S: You aren't one who ever got tensed about awards right. Then why this time?

A: Illamma, this nomination is for that big director's movie. So much speculation around me about the award nomination. Too much expectation from media and industry people. So I m worried if I don't get the award, will my image be spoiled. All these have put me under much pressure.

S: Enakku romba nambikkai irukku Ashwiney definitely you will receive your long awaited state award this year. Your performance in that film was really outstanding. Remember? You received so much appreciation from critics when the movie was released.

A: Yes ma..still I m a little apprehensive about it

S: We don't really work for awards, but when it comes it's nice. I know you never think of competing with others in the industry. You always try to out do your own performance every time and you succeed in that.

A: Hmmm true ma. I m a person who don't think about awards as much as I think about giving my best in every work.

S: So why worry about an award so much ma. The measure of achievement is not mere awards. It's doing your work to the bestest extent possible. So you have already achieved a lot according to me Ashwiney.

A: Thank you for the consoling words sivaangi maa. You never allow me to feel low when I m around you. The confidence you have on me is more than what I have on myself. Thanks for that kannamma.
(Kissed her palm and dug his cheek in her palm)

Ashwin sounded as if he was convinced, but it was very obvious for sivaangi that he was still little anxious. She could always read his mind and heart even from the slightest expression on his face and eyes.