Chapter 1

*****
"I only call you when it's half-past five
The only time that I'll be by your side"

*****

Purple light, smoke, naked bodies

I am spending my night just how I do every day nowadays. Me watching over the club sorry my club.

The word my only coming into use when either we run into some problem, when we lose money or someone dies.

But when I'm making them money, taking care of this hell hole it's suddenly theirs. All my work are not mine suddenly, but we don't talk about that.

Everyone will be there to take the credit but no one will take the responsibility.

Still, I can talk as much shit as I want but this place is the only place I feel the warmth.

All these people, women dancing like goddesses owning themselves, everyone enjoying in one way or another.

Seeing them like this gives me certain contentment.

When I was asked what I wanted to do, owning a strip club was never on the list but I'm glad nonetheless.

I take in the view in front of me Marie one of our strippers dancing on the main stage, pink light making their blue hair look vibrant. I watch as they shamelessly flirting with their girlfriend Jen on the other pole.

They both are college students studying for something which they didn't tell me and neither did I asked. Jen is one of our old strippers and when Marie joined they both hit off instantly.

God forbid how many times I have caught them having sex either in the dressing room, in the shower anywhere they can get themselves alone.

While I usually just stay in my office and look over everything and make sure I wouldn't be killing someone that night.

A downside of owning a strip club is that men can't keep their fucking hands to themselves. They see a woman be confident in her body, wear something a little too revealing and think she's a piece of meat.

In midst of my thoughts omeone clears their throat a little too loud getting my attention but I don't turn around to see them.

I just stretch my legs on the table a little more my boots making clicking with each other and put both my hands behind my head.

"We have been calling you for the past 10 minutes and you didn't even glance at us." They speak beside me in an annoyed tone.

"You mean catcalling me?" I reply not bothering to look at them.

"I want a lap dance." he speaks now a little closer than I would like him to be.

"Go get a ticket and one of girls will happily do that." I speak my eyes strained on stage.